Author Topic: The Witch House  (Read 2735 times)

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
  • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: The Witch House
« Reply #40 on: 27 Oct 2017, 05:46 »
go for 16:9, it is so much smoother when playing in fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor, and a 16:9 monitor is pretty much a standard household item nowadays. keep the graphics pixely and oldschool but adapt bto  modern screen resolution. :)
Quote from: Danvzare
Whoa, that has got to be by far the best 3D render I've ever seen on this forum. 8-0

« Reply #41 on: 27 Oct 2017, 12:43 »
I too would say go for it!

After I drew a few backgrounds for a game I'm currently working on I decided to crop 20 pixels in heigth too. It's not that much of a difference, but really worth it I think. It's nice not to have black borders on the sides.

Your game looks really nice btw, keep it up!

« Reply #42 on: 28 Oct 2017, 07:02 »
Would it be possible to keep the back backgrounds as they are, but give the player the choice of whether they wish to see boxes on the borders or to crop the images? Though this would require having to figure some way to get the engine to crop the images for you you and I don't know how difficult that would be to code.

« Reply #43 on: 28 Oct 2017, 15:36 »
Yes, I think that I'm going with the 16:9 aspect. It's more work, but looks more professional in my opinion too. I think it's also easier to desing rooms to 16:9, I've had problems with the room heights, all the action happens in the middle part of the screen, and the top and bottom is usually just dead space.

« Reply #44 on: 30 Oct 2017, 15:21 »
Happy Halloween from Keziah Mason! Watch out or she'll get you! 8-0

KyriakosCH

• Alien spiral maker
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    •  
« Reply #45 on: 04 Nov 2017, 00:41 »
This looks Excellent. Well done 8-)

Only issue will be if it is challenging for those of us who belong to the cult and thus have read the story (laugh)
Download and play The Chrysalis! My first ever game.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55448.0

Mini_Doom

• I am completely interested tell me more!!
« Reply #46 on: 04 Nov 2017, 06:36 »
The graphics look great :shocked: can't wait
Wanna go for some D&D??

Fitz

• Il antico demone
  • Fitz worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #47 on: 05 Nov 2017, 07:47 »
Man, the game looks incredible! The character design, animation, the backgrounds, it all just oozes style and atmosphere. And those flickering reflections in the last image! :shocked:

Surdy

• Amber Forever! Eternally Us!
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    •  
« Reply #48 on: 06 Nov 2017, 15:57 »
Very good work. Keep up the good work, man :D
Raise from the dead!

« Reply #49 on: 06 Nov 2017, 18:27 »
This looks Excellent. Well done 8-)

Only issue will be if it is challenging for those of us who belong to the cult and thus have read the story (laugh)

Thanks! I hope so, it might give you a slight upper hand, but thats only fair. The RPG-elements and other events require also bit of strategizing.

The graphics look great :shocked: can't wait

Man, the game looks incredible! The character design, animation, the backgrounds, it all just oozes style and atmosphere. And those flickering reflections in the last image! :shocked:

Very good work. Keep up the good work, man :D

Thanks everyone!
Been working a lot with the game recently, but progress is slow with these things. Still I think I've made more progress this autumn, than in the whole last year...

« Reply #50 on: 07 Nov 2017, 15:54 »
Wonder what would happen if you threw a bucket of water on Keziah Mason? It worked in the Wizard of Oz! :grin: Though I imagine in this game it would only annoy her and cause her to do something nasty to you.