Adventure Game Longplays (mostly AGS)

Started by selmiak, Tue 22/08/2017 12:50:18

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

So I longplay AGS games a lot recently. For the newer games I just post in the according game thread, for older games I won't dig up the thread for the game but to showcase some of these games and longplays and give you and idea of what to play next I will update this thread every now and then, so if you don't even feel a tiny bit considering subscribing to my youtube channel, just log into this thread. Feel free to add your own AGS longplays :D

check out the youtube channel, watch the longplays, like, subscribe, leave some comments, play some games.

iD
by Matt Frith

Unannounced on the AGS Forums by now iD tells the story of a cyborg just waking up or rather being booted the first time and getting the order to restart a run down facility to produce even more cyborg robots.
Some tricky and some easy puzzles set in the beautiful sideview pixel art backgrounds make the game a real pleasure to play. fluid and nice to look at animations and an easy but too short soundtrack give the final touches to the game you should instatly play and not watch here!

^_^
by 304

^_^ is a funny game taking place in only once screen with way more to do than you think. Funny and weirdo characters you meet along the way to bring back the witch's hair. Varied puzzles and a 5 track soundtrack for one screen make this game a very amusing and relaxing experience in the wonderfully whacky wonderland of Ben Chandler, known from Technobabylon, Shardlight, the later Blackwell games and also ! ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWCgh901nMU )

Fridge Follies
by Baron and Ponch

Fridge Follies is a funny little comedy game about the left over food in the fridge wanting some attention. Of course they decide they have to gain the attention of the family outside the fridge by stinking. This could also be the backbone story of a blockbuster movie, you know!
The writing and also the voice acting is spot on funny (especially considering the voice acting was all done by one person (Baron)). The lovely painted backgrounds and little animations here and there add a lot to the smelly atmosphere of the almost rotten foodsies. The puzzles are not demanding at all, just have fun playing this game and reading and hearing the weird lines from the funny characters. Playtime really is less than 10 minutes, I just did let all the voiceacting lines run, you could have clicked them away when you read faster when you play yourself. Go do it!

to be continued...

Ponch

Thanks for the plug for Fridge Follies. I can't wait for those royalties checks to start rolling in! :cheesy:

selmiak

Yeah, I can't wait for these monies too. Once we are all filthy rich make sure to give Baron his part, his voiceacting in Fridge Follies is hilarious :)

selmiak

So I made some more longplays, here are some, more on the best youtube channel there is.
Just look at that, I even made a banner image you can click:

But who care about logos when there are Point and Click longplays to watch and hopefully new games to discover... here they are:
(all download links in the video description on youtube or just search the ags games database (except for theropods...))

Toffee Trouble in Creamville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdnXaYaanpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HlxrsBtA_k

Toffee Trouble in Creamville follows the footsteps of clumsy Toffee and how she substitues her father, the mayor of Creamville and everything goes wrong. Cute characters, funny dialogs and the bittersweet story about the sugary catastrophy make you want to find out more and help the sweet people of Creamyville.
Watch your calory count after playing this game and don't get diabetes while watching this longplay.

Theropods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cy8X-n1Qf8

Theropods was made for the Adventure Jam 2015 and takes you back to ancient times of wild tribes and dinosaurs. Not so heave on a huge story, the action packed game is about rescuing your friend who barely survived a dinosaur attack. Crisp and beautiful pixelart and a fitting soundtrack engage you to play through the game. The puzzles are doable, some more in game hints about what is supposed to happen would be nice, but the full game is still in development.
This game was made in flash and not AGS but it think is is fun and interesting no matter what!

Beacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH72-bk7LdM

Beacon (not bacon) is a very very short game with stunning steampunk artwork by Victor Pflug, the creator of Primordia (released by Wadjet Eye Games). Great atmospheric sounds and a tense setting make Beacon a fun game to explore, play it now or watch the Longplay and get spoiled...

Second Place is for Losers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kselWytONzo

Second Place is for Losers is not quite a point and click adventure game but a different take on a racing game made in a point and click engine (AGS) by AprilSkies  / Ape Marina (who also made Tales). You play the one sperm that will become you and you have to beat the other sperms on the way to the egg inside your woman's body. There is no second chance, second place is for losers! Somebody just had to make this game!
The game has 2 difficulties, this longplay shows easy mode first, then a an almost done but still failed hard mode attempt ( #1:44 ) and finally a completed run on hard mode ( #2:52 ). This took a while but I did cut all the other failed attempts, you can try yourself to see how hard it is :)

Mandle

I will be subscribing to your channel and watching all these for starters! And then hopefully many more in the future!

I love watching Let's Plays of adventure games, especially ones I have already played myself!

Might I suggest Donald Dowell or Tales or Chronicle Of Innsmouth for a longer playthrough series?

You've perhaps played them already and a blind Let's Play is always better where adventure games are concerned.

But anyways, best of luck and I'll be a subscriber soon!

selmiak

thanks Mandle. Sadly I have to tell you (as the channel description says) I usually don't comment or talk at all over the games (lets play), I rather let the game speak for itself, let it unfold its atmosphere and I just play the game to tell the story hopefully the way the author intended (longplay). Though I should have recorded my audio and curses on the sperm racer game, this was fun and no adventure game, but I don't even have a good mic :P

have fun with the videos, I hope I'll make a lot more whenever I have time. I'm looking forward to your elaborate comments on the videos as youtube viewers are very silent at the moment and you know some of the games better than the average youtuber ;)

Mandle

Awww, that's a shame that you don't do commentary as that's really what I want from watching Let's Plays otherwise I would just play the game myself.

I would have LOVED to hear your swearing on Andrea's sperm game :(

Maybe don't worry about the quality of your mic and just get your voice out there?

Click'd

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 03/10/2017 18:39:36
Awww, that's a shame that you don't do commentary as that's really what I want from watching Let's Plays
I like "no commentary" videos. Zero chance of finding screaming dudebros that way.

Cassiebsg

Like Mandle, I only watch these let play for the commentaries, as it's fun (but I'll pass on those that only know how to swear, curse and shout too loud (laugh) ). I enjoy listening to what the "player" is thinking. And I only watch Let's Play for games I either have played already or don't intend to ever play (as I really don't watch spoilers).
Can't remember if it's possible to do in youtube (besides having two videos) but maybe you could do both? Silent with just original sound and with commentary?
Not sure if it would be too complicated setup though... one prog just recording the game, and then another prog just recording the mic, maybe?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Yay! A Toffee longplay!

I think this kind of video is great when you feel like playing an adventure game but can't do it at the moment because you don't have a computer available where you can run a game, like sitting on a train or slacking off at work :P

selmiak

Some more months have passed and some more Adventure game longplays have been recorded

Jump to the best youtube channel with the link above and click that subscribe button and/or leave some thumbs up or if one of the vids sucks gimme the thumb down (but you won't need that thumb down!)

Educating Adventures of Girl & Rabbit

You play the innocent girl in a bright and fantastic world that meets the bitter and sarcastic rabbit called bunny the rabbit. She wants to call him rainbow but he smacks her for it. Prepare for lots of smacking until your learn your lessons about life one way or the other. No aspect of modern dysfunctional life is left out and no eye stays dry with all this upfront mayhem! A really educational game! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPoTBTt0IRk

Sisyphus Reborn
Sisyphus Reborn takes you on a journey to a surreal lone land where everyone is digging and noone questions the endless uselessness of being and digging. You enter the voids of this vast land and try to make sense of all the nicely woven in philosophical concepts and ideas.
The land of Sisyphus reborn might be what the afterlife is like, and everyone is digging their own grave for all eternity. Gladly the game is completely in black and white to get that desparate feeling of emptyness across!
The great soundtrack (Like the whole game also by Edwin Montgomery) adds all so more to the experience that is Sisyphus Reborn.

At #32:52 you can peek into what the Collector's Edition offers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHAG6Kr7NTM

Patchwork

If you haven't played this, play it now, don't get spoiled by the video!

Patchwork tells the Story of 2 different people from 2 very different worlds getting together and living through an exciting adventure in a fantasy world. The beautiful backgrounds and fluid animations by Ivan Ulyanov, who also paints the character portraits for various Wadjet Eye Games, work really well at pulling you into the story and the strange but somehow familiar world of Lin and her funny fellow people.
The 2 playable characters could interacts more or solve some tricky puzzle together but the chracter switch works and you should play both characters immediately, go play that game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dm5R-1bL5Y

Also I started longplaying
LIMBO
follow the progress of this when I upload another part of the longplay...
this not your usual pnc adventure but it is filled with great puzzles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meMXu7RYcQ8

KyriakosCH

Sisyphus Reborn was a very charming game (nod)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

selmiak

It is indeed!
Also check out Patchwork! A really great game! ;-D

Cassiebsg

I'm currently playing Limbo on the xbox :)
But it's weird that one has to die (most of the time) to learn what do next... (roll)

selmiak

Limbo is a really awesome game, I love every second of it! Maybe it is a comparison to life in general, sometimes learning hurts and you have to give sacrifices to find out what is really going on ;)

Cassiebsg

I just finished it. :-D Loved it, though the end was a bit disapointing, as I never actually figured out what was going on... :-[

I hope that you haven't had to die to figure out life... (wtf)

Unfortunately I had to use the walkthrough 3 times. :-[ First time I had actually tired (and failed) the solution, and thought it didn't work, the 2nd time I knew what I needed but couldn't find it and the last time I just got tired of dying... I think this one I might have solved if I had given it a bit more time, as I had actually thought the solution, but didn't got to try it.

Mehrdad

My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

selmiak

Quote from: Mehrdad on Thu 14/12/2017 05:48:52
Sisyphus Reborn is amazing game.

oh yes!
The video has 2 thumbs up with 3 views! That ratio is okay! Thanks! <3
There is a collectors edition of Sisyphus Reborn on steam, just saying ;)

Mandle

I stumbled across your playthrough of my game "The Adventures Of The Black Hand Gang" on youtube yesterday and just wanted to say thanks for the honour and thanks for playing through the whole book!

I saw you getting frustrated with the broken clock answer at one point and just wanted to tell you

Spoiler
the answer "grandfather" clock that you tried first was fine but you mistyped it as "gradfather"
[close]

NickyNyce

Limbo was fun. If anyone liked Limbo, I suggest you play 'Inside'

I really enjoyed it, and the ending is pretty epic and original. I still daydream every now and then about the ending. I believe its from the makers of Limbo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk