Cannon Fodder: War Has Never Been So Much Fun

Started by DBoyWheeler, Tue 29/08/2017 00:20:05

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

Who remembers the cartoony war game "Cannon Fodder"?

Crowd: WAR!
Me (singing): Never been so much fun!
Crowd: WAR!
Me (singing): Never been so much fun!

So, anyway, anyone have some fun memories of it, if you do remember?

Gurok

Me! I really love the music from both of the old Cannon Fodder games. The second one's intro is my favourite though:

I also really like this style of sequenced music with voice samples. You get something close to "CD quality" sound with a tiny file size, but there's more to it than that. Every chorus is delivered in an identical way, so it has this weird consistency to it. I guess I just like sampled music that pretends to be pop/rock (e.g. Fatboy Slim). Sonic Rush had some great examples too:

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

CrashPL

I sure do. Remember playing it on my friend's Amiga 500 (which was a total beast back then. Having just a crappy DOS PC and a NES/Famicom clone, I was completely mesmerized by the cool games and demos he had), and really enjoyed it, but never bothered to remember the name. All the good memories returned when I discovered there was also a DOS port ("Hey, it's that cool game I played!").
Funny thing though, I also played it recently, while firing up my Amiga 1200 for a quick check run.

The lyrics probably said it the best - war never been so much fun. :D

@Gurok - Hideki Naganuma does some excellent work with sampling in his tracks. His soundtracks (Jet Set Radio, Sonic Rush, Ollie King) are a pure joy to listen to.

milkanannan

Lol yes! DOS version. It's been so long that I can barely remember how it's played, but I remember loving it. You string along those little dudes and wreak havoc on everything around you. (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk