weird mouse movement bug in editor when using touchpad

Started by daniel, Fri 08/09/2017 18:13:52

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel

hey guys,

sorry if this is not the right place...i wasn't sure where to post this.

to reproduce this bug:

- on windows 10 open AGS on a laptop (i'm using the surface pro 4) with a touchpad and then open any script
- move the mouse cursor over the open script windows using a touchpad

result:

- while moving, the mouse cursor keeps changing back and forth from the "edit text" icon to an arrow icon really quickly
- as a result of this the mouse cursor lags heavily

any idea how i can avoid this?

cheers
daniel

NicolaGs

I did the same observation a while ago. I'm using Windows 7 and AGS 3.4.0.
It's not very "clean" but it does not cause any lag or speed issue by my side...
My first game : I Want Out!

Kumpel

I reported that same observation as a bug (http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?issue=832.0) a few weeks ago. Since then I only use the mouse for scripting in AGS
CW told me it has to do with the software scintilla they used for the scripting part.

NicolaGs

Quote from: Kumpel on Fri 08/09/2017 23:23:17
Since then I only use the mouse for scripting in AGS
You mean you only see this with a trackpad/mousepad ?
I see this always, with a mouse or with a touchpad... So I'd tend to say it has nothing to do with the input device, but with the mouse cursor display (static image is the "edit" cursor, moving image is the arrow / whereas the image should always be an "edit" cursor inside a text window).

Daniel, does the lag happens with another input device ?
My first game : I Want Out!

Kitty Trouble

For me, the mouse cursor changes back and forth no matter what input I use.
The difference is that the trackpad lags when that happens, sometimes recording input with a few seconds delay. And with my corded logitech mouse, it doesn't affect performance but the icon switching is still there.
I actually noticed this too but never reported it since it's not a deal-breaking issue but it would be nice if it got fixed.

daniel

now that you mention it, you're right...the cursor keeps changing with a mouse as well but there is not lag like there is with the touchpad.

i really hope this can be fixed. i started using a mouse on my tablet now to avoid the issue but i'd really like to avoid having to drag a mouse with me all the time. after all the idea of a tablet like the surface is mobility;P

tzachs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk