Toronto Meet-up (Toques 2017?)

Started by Babar, Mon 18/09/2017 05:21:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

Hello everyone!
So I've been exploring the western hemisphere, and one of my stopovers is in Toronto, where I'll be from the 25th to the 29th noon of this month. A bit of short notice, but I figured I'd meet up with and put some faces to the names of some of our illustrious AGSers. I'm not sure how many people actually are in or around Toronto at that time, so I figured a forum thread would be helpful.

I know that Catpuncher and Sylvr expressed interest. There's also Baron and Ryan Timothy who live around there? Or any other takers? :=
Since my timeframe is during the weekdays, I figured an evening meet-up would be more suitable for all the employed peoples- maybe meet up for a dinner meal or after-dinner hangout around 8 somewhere on a date that works for everyone?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Sylvr

We do have yet to choose a specific date and place, but that can be done once we know who is able to make it. Let's say that we need final numbers by the end of this week?
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Baron

I could do the evening of the 29th, but probably not any time during the week.  I'm a ways outside the city. :~(

Babar

Quote from: Baron on Tue 19/09/2017 01:55:27
I could do the evening of the 29th, but probably not any time during the week.  I'm a ways outside the city. :~(
My flight out of Toronto is at 4:15pm on the 29th :(

Ryan Timothy B

Welcome to my neck of the woods!

I certainly would love an AGS get together, but alas, I'll be working afternoon shift that week (2:45pm to 11pm). It's also a 2 hour drive from Toronto to my work, so it's very unlikely I would meet up before then. I also can't take any vacation time as I'll be quitting my job and going to college in Jan, and finances will be very very tight.

I wish you guys all the best, have a great time and have some poutine for me!

Baron

Quote from: Babar on Tue 19/09/2017 04:43:17
My flight out of Toronto is at 4:15pm on the 29th :(

Blast!  Once again Time, my arch-nemesis, has foiled my best laid plans!

Quote from: Ryan Timoothy on Tue 19/09/2017 22:14:04
....I'll be working afternoon shift that week (2:45pm to 11pm). It's also a 2 hour drive from Toronto to my work... have some poutine for me!

Poutine Party in Kitchener at 8am! ;-D

Babar

Quote from: Baron on Wed 20/09/2017 01:30:02
Poutine Party in Kitchener at 8am! ;-D
Errrr... would a morning meeting be more convenient for more people? :D
And I'll be based in Thornhill, so I'm not sure if that means anything for anyone else.

CatPunter

I'm good almost any day. My newer teachers are all assholes about attendance and I don't really care, so it makes me want to skip their classes anyway. I'll probably be sleep deprived and a bit of an asshole myself though, don't mind me.
Art Director and Lead Artist for "Kate and Shelly Stick Together"

Baron

Quote from: Babar on Wed 20/09/2017 02:54:32
Errrr... would a morning meeting be more convenient for more people? :D

Sorry Babar, but during the week is insanely busy this time of year.  But if you skip that flight thingy we're golden man.  Friday Freewheeling, Baby!  We'll put the Oh! back in T.O.  Waddaya say? :=

Babar

But it's paid for, and I'd lose all the money!

Sylvr

While the *clock* says I can do mornings (I work a split shift), the actual timing of it would be risky since I'd be right in the thick of rush hour traffic into Toronto. Also, Baron, who would even be serving poutine that early? (laugh)

Ryan Timothy B

Oh. Now I feel stupid. I completely forgot that next week is when my work schedule is changing from a Mon to Fri work weeks, back to a continental shift due to demand. Which means I will have this Mon, Tues and Fri off (edit: by "this" I mean next week's). Hmmm

Baron

Quote from: Babar on Thu 21/09/2017 03:38:21
But it's paid for, and I'd lose all the money!

Not necessarily.  A witty fellow such as yourself, with dashing good looks and minty fresh breath to boot, can surely negotiate a deal with those flirtatious airline employees.  They're always overbooking flights anyway, so they'd probably be more than happy to oblige. 

But even if you do lose it all, can you really put a price on seeing Ryan Timothy drunk on fermented poutine gravy? :=

Quote from: Sylvr on Thu 21/09/2017 15:57:18
Also, Baron, who would even be serving poutine that early? (laugh)

You, Madame, have clearly not gone on enough all-night benders in Kitchener.  By morning the traffic arteries are practically choked with gravy and squeaky fresh cheese curds.  ;)

Sylvr

So.... it's Friday, who's in for next week? I'm cool any day of the week, but I can only leave after 6. Miiiight be able to leave earlier but I doubt it. Google maps says I'm about 40 mins away from "Thornhill", calculated from work. But I will be driving, so location is flexible too.

But based on what Ryan said, we are likely looking at Monday or Tuesday?

QuoteBy morning the traffic arteries are practically choked with gravy and squeaky fresh cheese curds.
Well that sounds delicious yet terrifying.

Babar

Since I'm arriving Monday at 1pm (not counting customs, getting luggage, travelling to my host, etc), it might get a little hectic, so I'd prefer Tuesday, but if Monday is more convenient for everyone else involved, I can do that too.

Sylvr

Babar

So is it currently a meetup of me, Sylvr, Catpunter and Ryan on Tuesday evening? Am I understanding that right?

Sylvr

I don't believe either Catpunter or Ryan have confirmed though. :s

CatPunter

Where and when on Tuesday? I live like, downtown Toronto and Thornhill is pretty far. Subway only stays open until 1:30am too, so I can't stay out too late.
Art Director and Lead Artist for "Kate and Shelly Stick Together"

Sylvr

Yeahh.. we haven't even defined a place. Any ideas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk