Recovering an AGS project from a different version of the editor? (Solved)

Started by Ali, Mon 25/09/2017 20:07:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hello!

I'm not able to load an old project in AGS 3.4.0 P4. I made the game back in 2014 using the "Custom Resolution" version of the editor Crimson Wizard was working on. It was the basis for a live comedy show which I'm doing again on Thursday. I naively hoped to update it: but I get this message.

---------------------------

Input string was not in a correct format.

If you cannot resolve the error, please post on the AGS Technical Forum for assistance.

Error details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at System.Version..ctor(String version)

at AGS.Types.Game.SetScriptAPIForOldProject()

at AGS.Editor.Tasks.SetDefaultValuesForNewFeatures(Game game)

at AGS.Editor.Tasks.LoadGameFromDisk(String gameToLoad, Boolean interactive)

at AGS.Editor.InteractiveTasks.LoadGameFromDisk(String gameToLoad)

This is the version info from Game.agf: <AGSEditorDocument Version="3.0.3.2" VersionIndex="7" EditorVersion="3.3.0 CR">

Is there anything I can do to manually edit the Game.agf file to make it palatable to 3.4?

Gurok

Remove the " CR" from EditorVersion and it should open.

To clarify, change it to:

Code: ags
<AGSEditorDocument Version="3.0.3.2" VersionIndex="7" EditorVersion="3.3.0">

I would recommend making a backup first, just in case this pre-release version did something weird with the way it stored rooms or something.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Ali

Crimson Wizard

Yes, this is exactly same bug with version parsing that was reported some time ago, and is going to be fixed in 3.4.1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk