Legend of Hand

Started by shaun9991, Wed 27/09/2017 22:22:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shaun9991

Hi guys!

I'm happy to let you all know that after three years in the making, Legend of Hand is out now! :-D

The game is available via Steam, via itch.io! or via Game Jolt!. You can also watch the trailer here!

About the game
Legend of Hand tells the story of a hero on an epic quest to find the mythical Grandmaster Hand, the one man who can restore peace to a troubled world. Inspired by adventure classics, Far-East legends and martial arts beat 'em up games of the 80's and 90's, this point and click adventure will take the player on a unique journey through magical lands.

The Story
Your masters have put their trust in you to find the mythical Grandmaster Hand, an enigmatic figure who disappeared many years ago. He is the one man capable of stopping the gathering unrest that is threatening your world. To find Hand you will need to travel through four mysterious islands, finding clues and challenging their infamous masters - the so-called Fingers of Hand! The masters are experts in martial arts and finding them will be not always be easy.

Your quest will take you on an epic adventure across unique islands and weird worlds where you will meet amazing friends and terrifying foes. So many distractions await but do not forget your aim - find Grandmaster Hand to save your world and its inhabitants!

Can you reunite a troubled world? Can you find the elusive Grandmaster Hand? Your destiny awaits...

Features
- An epic quest spanning many wonderful lands. Expect 10+ hours of gameplay!
- An impressive cast of intriguing, bizarre, amusing and lovable characters. Expect to meet companions who will aid and follow you in your adventures!
- Traditional point and click adventure game elements such as puzzles, inventory system and dialogue interactions.
- Unique hand drawn graphics and animations.
- A turn-based RPG style fighting system that is easy to learn and fun to play. Learn new combat moves, increase your HP and fight enemies.
- Mini games galore!
- Animated cut scenes.
- Original soundtrack reflecting the atmosphere of the special worlds visited by the hero.

Thanks to everyone here on the AGS for their support and encouragement over the years, we never would have finished it without you! :-D

<3
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

milkanannan

Congrats! Looks awesome. 8-) Don't have a Windows machine right now but will check it out when I do!

Mandle

Looks wonderful! Also glad to hear the combat is turn-based RPG style. Exactly what I love!

dactylopus

Congratulations on the release!  It's such a great looking game with a unique feel.  Looking forward to playing it!

AnasAbdin

Congrats on the release! I got it on Steam. Of course you know I'll be avoiding you on every platform until I finish it (laugh)

kconan

I saw this on Steam, I love the setting and look.  Congrats on releasing it!

CaptainD

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Yippee!  Congrats guys, this looks absolutely awesome.

Click'd

I bought the super duper special edition. I want a green dog now.

CrashPL

Just got a mail from Steam, notyfing that the Legend of Hand is now available on my wishlist. :D Congratulations on the release, guys!!

Dave Gilbert

Congrats! I remember seeing this at AdventureX in 2013 or so. Cool to see it finished!

shaun9991

Thanks for all the nice comments and support guys!! :) So far feedback has been positive, it's a relief to finally have it out in the big wide world!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Athanor

Fantastic news! Your games stand for quality, I've enjoyed all of your games, so I'll definitively buy LoH soon.
Congratulations to the release. :)

edit: I just bought it. Couldn't resist any longer. ;-D

shaun9991

Thanks Athanor :D Let me know what you think!

sigmich

I've played demo and I like it very much especially because of martial arts setting :-) I also love graphics.

I'm deciding whether to buy it on Steam or Itch.io. I don't use windows and demo worked nice on linux so it is easier for me to buy it from Itch.io because there is ZIP version which I need only to upack. But are there in Itch.io version also extras like in Steam version?

shaun9991

Hi sigmich!

Glad you enjoyed the demo! The extras are also available via the itch.io page :)

Problem

I finished it a few days ago, and it's really awesome!
Despite the low price this a polished full length game with an epic story, lots of puzzles, RPG elements and some mini games. Everything about this game feels polished. The bold art style, the fine character animations that even show the main character carrying large objects around, the straightforward GUI, the excellent music and sound effects.
And the atmosphere - every island you visit has its own distinct character. While the story starts light-hearted and slow, with every new island you visit it gets more tense and serious, always with the right amount of humor that is never distracting from the darker tone in the late game.
In terms if atmosphere this is one of the best games I've played this year.
The puzzles were on the easy side, but had a lot of variation to them - I only got stuck twice because I overlooked an entrance. Most of the mini games were very nice, with very few exceptions where it wasn't clear what to.

So yeah, if you like adventure games with RPG elements, go buy and play this game! It's well worth the money and for its length and the amount of polish it might as well cost twice as much. Congratulations Shaun, John and your team! I once said that I like every single game you guys have made, and it looks like this streak is not going to end any time soon.

Bonus points for
Spoiler
including Lord Buckethead :-D
[close]

---
And finally, a bug report:
Spoiler
In the village of the snake people it is possible to click the hut entrance before picking up the blue flower. You can't walk past the flower, but the entrance is clickable regardless, and when you click it an important part of the game is skipped
[close]

shaun9991

Thanks Denis! So glad you enjoyed it :) This has brightened up my morning!

Spoiler
There is a character (I believe standing on the bridge, beside Lord Buckethead) - his character portrait was based on you, did you notice? :D
[close]

Thank you for pointing out the bug!!! That's pretty awful... it's incredible how we still missed stuff like that after all the testing we did! I'm so paranoid about doing bug fixes in case it messes up people's save games, but I think this one will have to be fixed :)

Problem

Spoiler
Holy cow! I have just loaded an old saved game, and now I wonder why I didn't notice that portrait before. It's so obvious! :-D
[close]

shaun9991

Glad you spotted it in the end Denis!!! :)

shaun9991

Hey guys, just a little heads up if anyone is interested - Legend of Hand is 30% off for the next 24 hours over on itch.io

Feedback for the game has been really positive so far :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk