Commissar's Contrapasso (RELEASED)

Started by Blondbraid, Sun 01/10/2017 21:07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Commissar's Contrapasso is a story about an arrogant soviet commissar
who follows the official doctrines of the party with little regard for the simple soldiers beneath him,
until he finds himself caught alone behind enemy lines that is.

For the curious, the title refers to the term Contrapasso from Dante's Inferno, wich means "suffer the opposite",
and is used to describe punishments reflecting the sins of the one getting punished, and will hopefully reflect the themes of this story.

I first came up with this idea back in January, and much like my previous games in a WWII setting this game will feature some dark humor and deal with a few heavy subjects,
but my hope is that it overall will be a worthwhile experience. While the main focus is on dialogues and puzzles, it will be possible for careless players to kill the protagonist.

Screenshots:

Cassiebsg

Weee, another game in the series, (nod)
Love the "peep talk", that's the spirit, let's die an agonizing death for the motherland! (laugh)

Keep up the good work, and I'll be looking forward to it. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

The dialogs look amazing like how your games are made!
I knew you were cooking something (laugh)
The backgrounds look amazing, I see more details than before, still same style which I love! Plus a deep story with a meaningful title.

And of course, the love of my life, Ivan (laugh)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 01/10/2017 21:12:43
Weee, another game in the series, (nod)
Love the "peep talk", that's the spirit, let's die an agonizing death for the motherland! (laugh)

Keep up the good work, and I'll be looking forward to it. (nod)
Thank you, I'm happy to see that you like it!
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 01/10/2017 22:33:10
The dialogs look amazing like how your games are made!
I knew you were cooking something (laugh)
The backgrounds look amazing, I see more details than before, still same style which I love! Plus a deep story with a meaningful title.

And of course, the love of my life, Ivan (laugh)
Thanks, I've been practicing at drawing!
And yes, Ivan will have a role in the game, albeit a small one since the focus is on the titular commissar.

I have worked on some animations for cutscenes too:
https://i.imgur.com/AmRsj9V.mp4

selmiak

and it continues! Great. I love the more detailed artwork, the wallpapers in the office, the car outside the window and the usual umbrella stand with a gun :D

Blondbraid

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 02/10/2017 09:50:32
and it continues! Great. I love the more detailed artwork, the wallpapers in the office, the car outside the window and the usual umbrella stand with a gun :D
Thanks! While I have to admit that I've reused some stuff from my previous games,
I learned that making the perspective on wallpapers align is surprisingly easy once you've figured out the shear tool in Photoshop,
so expect to see more detailed wallpapers in the interiors of this game! ;-D

Riaise

Yay! I remember you mentioning this in the MAGS thread back in January. It's good to see how much it's progressed. I'm looking forward to playing! ;-D

Blondbraid

So I've been working on a new background lately, though I may add a few finishing touches in the final game:

The vehicle is supposed to be some kind of Kübelwagen, which was used by germans on the eastern front. I'm aware that the details of military equipment is a
very serious subject to some people and I hope my depiction is alright, I'm still trying to get the hang of drawing vehicles and machinery.

Cassiebsg

I think it looks good, at least I recognized it instantly. (nod)

Good job! Keep it up.

Creamy

It's nicer and nicer (nod)

QuoteI learned that making the perspective on wallpapers align is surprisingly easy once you've figured out the shear tool in Photoshop,
so expect to see more detailed wallpapers in the interiors of this game! ;-D
Yeah! More printed flowers and crazy perspectives!

Gurok

I think the Kübelwagen looks fantastic. You've done a really good job with the tyres.

I like the texture work too, especially with the grass and foliage.

It's looking good so far.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AnasAbdin

I agree with Gurok, the Kübelwagen is amazing 8-)
I love where your art style is going through out your projects! It really reminds me when I was young and getting 'the shock' every time a newer Sierra episode is released (laugh)

Blondbraid

Thank you for all the kind word everybody, I'm so happy that you liked it!
I've been a bit busy with making more art and handling the script, and now, the Kübelwagen can be interacted with!

CrashPL

It's great to see that you're rolling with a next installment in your franchise. :D Looking great so far, keep up the good work!

May I ask for at least a small cameo of sniper and spotter in this game? :D

Blondbraid

Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 17/10/2017 20:36:33
It's great to see that you're rolling with a next installment in your franchise. :D Looking great so far, keep up the good work!
Thanks, I'm happy to hear that!
Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 17/10/2017 20:36:33
May I ask for at least a small cameo of sniper and spotter in this game? :D
Don't worry, they will show up in the game. (take a close look at the second screenshot at the top!) ;)

Blondbraid

I haven't worked as much as I've wanted to on the gameplay (a bit of creative fatigue at the moment) but I did manage to do a few more animations for the commissar.

AnasAbdin

Lol I like how you put your "creative fatigue" into good use and animated the commissar (laugh)

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 28/10/2017 08:09:11
Lol I like how you put your "creative fatigue" into good use and animated the commissar (laugh)
Thank you!
I've planned a lot of animations, so progress have been slow, but I'll be posting some new screenshots of my work soon.

As for now, here's a quick doodle I made for Halloween!

Cassiebsg

Love your quick doodles... wish I could doodle like that! (nod)

AnasAbdin

Spooky! 8-0 Love your doodles!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk