Commissar's Contrapasso (RELEASED)

Started by Blondbraid, Sun 01/10/2017 21:07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 14/02/2018 18:11:12
Quotein this game there will be no pointless and voyeuristic dressing up montages.
QuoteNow there isn't really any romantic subplots in this game,
No sex? No love story? What a shame, the setting was so romantic...
Spoiler
[close]
Well, the game's not finished yet... ;)

Blondbraid

A new screenshot, the commissar and one of his comrades exploring an abandoned apartment:

By my estimations, I'd guess this game is about 60% completed, but there's still some puzzles, animations
and the last quarter of the game that needs to be finished, as well as sound and music for several scenes.

Blondbraid

Just spent some time animating one of the antagonists of the game:

He's currently on a smoke break, but he'll have some pretty tense moments in the game.

Blondbraid

I've added a new area to the game and I'm currently working on adding different cutscenes to the gameplay of the section.
There will be a few potential death scenes as well, both for the enemy soldiers as well as careless players. :)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 28/02/2018 14:15:11
careless players. :)

I'm totally stealing this (laugh)
Love the latest background! For some reason it feels.. homey! I mean I have a feeling I lived there as a kid.. can't explain :-[

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 20/02/2018 14:41:50

I have a little note about this background. I found it a little hard to read the red text using this font. I think the background colors missed up my vision for this particular scene. I'd reconsider the font size. But then it's totally up to you and I am willing to adjust my vision however you wanna produce this game (laugh)

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 28/02/2018 15:12:05
Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 28/02/2018 14:15:11
careless players. :)

I'm totally stealing this (laugh)
Love the latest background! For some reason it feels.. homey! I mean I have a feeling I lived there as a kid.. can't explain :-[

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 20/02/2018 14:41:50

I have a little note about this background. I found it a little hard to read the red text using this font. I think the background colors missed up my vision for this particular scene. I'd reconsider the font size. But then it's totally up to you and I am willing to adjust my vision however you wanna produce this game (laugh)
Thanks, glad you liked it! ;-D
However, the screenshot isn't the same size of the actual game, is the text still hard to read in the full size? Would it help choosing a brighter red for the protagonist's speech?
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/ZFUFzYX.png[/imgzoom]

AnasAbdin

I did reduce the image size in the quote so I don't ruin your thread :-[
Yes, I had trouble reading the text in the full resolution version. You could easily avoid this by putting the text display over the wooden floor for this particular scene (e.g. using SayAt..). Changing the color may not be the best option since the current color may look good on other backgrounds.

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 28/02/2018 16:50:13
I did reduce the image size in the quote so I don't ruin your thread :-[
Yes, I had trouble reading the text in the full resolution version. You could easily avoid this by putting the text display over the wooden floor for this particular scene (e.g. using SayAt..). Changing the color may not be the best option since the current color may look good on other backgrounds.
I tried putting the text over the floor instead, is this easier to read?
Spoiler
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/74bhZo2.png[/imgzoom]
[close]
(I put it in a spoiler tag because it's such a large image)

Kumpel

Maybe you should also consider splitting this text. It's easier to read, doesn't look like a huge pile off red letters and it's funny in its own way to click through three or four lines with that nice little punchline at the end.

And oh boy those two must be great comrades, considering they are literally using the same space in this room. ;)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Kumpel on Thu 01/03/2018 12:52:52
Maybe you should also consider splitting this text. It's easier to read, doesn't look like a huge pile off red letters and it's funny in its own way to click through three or four lines with that nice little punchline at the end.
Thanks for the feedback, it's easy to lose track of the readability of the text since I'm writing it, so I already know what's on the screen.
QuoteAnd oh boy those two must be great comrades, considering they are literally using the same space in this room. ;)
I don't want to spoil my own game, but their relationship will play a big role in the story and gameplay as well! :)

Anyway, I've currently spent a lot of time animating cutscenes, you can see a small sample below:

Cassiebsg

Nice roll!
I'm though almost afraid of what that will do... explode? 8-0
(though maybe a opening thin line should be visible? Mostly cause it's so zoomed that it's odd that it's not there.)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 04/03/2018 15:44:46
Nice roll!
I'm though almost afraid of what that will do... explode? 8-0
(though maybe a opening thin line should be visible? Mostly cause it's so zoomed that it's odd that it's not there.)
Spoiler
You've no idea how right you are! (laugh)
[close]
I can only say that the cutscene is longer in the game and I think it will make sense in context.

Here's my latest screenshot of the game progress:

Alright, it's a sewer level, and I know it's not exactly a creative choice,
but I do have some gameplay ideas that I think will prove interesting. :)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 09/03/2018 22:28:37
it's a sewer level, and I know it's not exactly a creative choice,

I beg to differ (wrong)
I think this is a very rich place for puzzles and fun (Police Quest 2 was super fun). I'd be extra careful near that cobweb though. But I can already see interesting "stuff" going to happen.

Cassiebsg

Where your characters take you for the ride is not a matter of creative choice... they decided to go down there, not you... ;) But you would probably do the same if you in the middle of an insane war, no?

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 19/03/2018 13:09:01
Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 09/03/2018 22:28:37
it's a sewer level, and I know it's not exactly a creative choice,

I beg to differ (wrong)
I think this is a very rich place for puzzles and fun (Police Quest 2 was super fun). I'd be extra careful near that cobweb though. But I can already see interesting "stuff" going to happen.
You have seen nothing yet! That cobweb is small compared to those deeper in the sewer! :)
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 19/03/2018 19:25:11
Where your characters take you for the ride is not a matter of creative choice... they decided to go down there, not you... ;) But you would probably do the same if you in the middle of an insane war, no?
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like it!

Here's a short preview of one of the puzzles for the sewer section, still a bit of a work in progress:

AnasAbdin

The details and atmospheric animations are great!
B.. b.. but a very lovely and sweet AGSer will be shocked seeing what's inside the fuse box :~(

CaptainD

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 20/03/2018 17:01:19
B.. b.. but a very lovely and sweet AGSer will be shocked seeing what's inside the fuse box :~(

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell Tabby...

Cassiebsg

* Cassiebsg sneaks in and plaster's a "censured" black box over the left lower corner of the fuse box...

Looking good... my first thought was "stick that knife on the sockets!" and then thought "uhm... probably a bad idea". (laugh)

Tabata

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 20/03/2018 18:10:28
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 20/03/2018 17:01:19

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell Tabby...

Did someone call for me?

Oh, what an interesting gif we have he... WHAT! :shocked:

Squeeeeek!
- It'll become a scary game!?  ...  I'm horrified!

... but at least it's definitely not me in that box  (wrong)
(because I know my x-ray image) 

Blondbraid

Don't worry everyone, I promise no animals were harmed in making this game!

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 20/03/2018 18:15:16
Looking good... my first thought was "stick that knife on the sockets!" and then thought "uhm... probably a bad idea". (laugh)
Great that you mentioned it, I've definitively need to add an animation for that in the game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk