Commissar's Contrapasso (RELEASED)

Started by Blondbraid, Sun 01/10/2017 21:07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Haven't animated the "sticking a knife into electrical socket" animation yet, but I did animate this:

For those occasions he needs to examine something on the floor, or hide behind one of those
waist-high walls that war-zones are littered with if third-person shooter games are to be believed.

Anyway, I'll try to rest my hands this weekend,
have a happy Easter everyone! ;-D

Blondbraid

I'm currently working on a rather labyrinthine section (Well, this screenshot is just a small part of it):

I drew a map to keep track of all the rooms and how they're connected, though I'm not posting it here since it'd be kind of a spoiler for that part of the game.

selmiak

The image is only visible int he source of the post. Looking dark and blocked... nice textures :)

AnasAbdin

"It looks like this path is blocked." - or is it? (nod)

Love the setting and textures. Wonder what's it like with audio!

Blondbraid

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 10/04/2018 22:06:23
The image is only visible int he source of the post. Looking dark and blocked... nice textures :)
Thanks! But did you have trouble viewing the image?
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 11/04/2018 05:35:35
"It looks like this path is blocked." - or is it? (nod)

Love the setting and textures. Wonder what's it like with audio!
Glad to hear that! It doesn't have much audio save some background music at the moment,
audio is usually one of the last things I add to an area.

Blondbraid

It was a while since my last post, so here's the Commissar giving you a tour of his office:

Mandle

Happy to see that your genre of Soviet-era adventure games is still alive and well!

Can't wait to play this one, comrade!

Blondbraid

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 25/04/2018 13:22:28
Happy to see that your genre of Soviet-era adventure games is still alive and well!

Why thank you so much, I'm glad to hear that! ;-D

TheFrighter

I'm feeling more comunist now, damned imperialists!

_

AnasAbdin

I admit that these types of games aren't my cup of tea. Blondbraid made me love them!

Blondbraid

Quote from: TheFrighther on Thu 26/04/2018 17:18:44
I'm feeling more comunist now, damned imperialists!

_
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Thu 26/04/2018 18:09:08

I admit that these types of games aren't my cup of tea. Blondbraid made me love them!
Thank you both, I love history and I hope my games will make more people interested in it!
Here's the latest animation I've drawn for the game:

Any guesses as to what he's reacting to? :)

AnasAbdin

A deceased decomposing body of a beloved person he found in the sewer tunnels?

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Creamy

Sniper kissing spotter :P

...or more likely he saw these poor guys:

Blondbraid

Great suggestions, all of you! (laugh)

I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner, I've had a busy time, what with all the spring cleaning, working on a MAGS entry and watching the Eurovision final in the meantime,
but I have added a few new things now (I'm afraid I had to compress the GIF to upload it, don't worry, this will look better in the actual game):

AnasAbdin

LOL How he turned around and walked away: "Nope!" (laugh)
Yes please post more, never get enough of your work here specially I don't know if you use other media outlets (nod)

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 23/05/2018 09:04:02
LOL How he turned around and walked away: "Nope!" (laugh)
Yes please post more, never get enough of your work here specially I don't know if you use other media outlets (nod)
Thank you, I'm glad you like it!
I also post on the Adventuregamers forums: https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/10410/
And I have a devlog on GameJolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/commissars-contrapasso/291181
(though I will admit I mostly just copy-paste posts from GameJolt on the Adventuregamers forum)

Blondbraid

Recently finished a new animation for Victor:

I had some fun drawing the animations for his hair and scarf!

Cassiebsg

That looks great! :)
Though, shouldn't he also have some facial movement? (eyes & mouth) to reflect the situation? (I know, I'm just being nitpicky now... (laugh) )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

lorenzo

Cool animation, the hair and scarf add a lot of movement to it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk