Video Thumbnails in user temp folder (Win 10)... Hundreds of them!!

Started by RetroJay, Thu 05/10/2017 01:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroJay

Hi all good peeps.

For those of you who know me... I am still around just working hard on a game with another AGS'er.(laugh)

Okay... Just to be clear I am using Windows 10. And... I should say that my Main Browser is Google Chrome.
I want to ask a question that I have been trying to find a solution to.
Recently I looked inside my "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp" folder (With show hidden items checked)
and found hundreds of thumbnails of youtube videos I have watched.
Why?... What use are they there for, except taking up space.???

I cunningly thought to myself "I will try watching youtube videos in 'Incognito' mode and see if that stops the thumbnails from appearing".
This has no effect... The thumbnails still appear.

It is easy to clear them and of no real nuisance but... Why are they there at all?

Yours.
Jay.

Edit: Just found that it isn't only youtube videos... Videos that I look at in general (Videos that friends send me) are also being 'Thumbnailed' in my temp folder too... WHY? (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)
Every time I click on a video (on line) it makes a thumbnail in my temp folder. ?????????

arj0n

Quote from: RetroJay on Thu 05/10/2017 01:05:52
Why?... What use are they there for, except taking up space.???
Hey RetroJay :)

IIRC its caching, created while buffering the video.
I use ccleaner to get rid of stuff like that once in a while.

How's the project going?

RetroJay

Hi there arj0n.:)

Great to hear from you.
Thanks for the reply. I did wonder if it was caching or something like this.
The funny thing is I have ccleaner and it cleans all the other crap from Temp but leaves the thumbnails behind... Weird.(roll)
However... Using the Windows 10 tool for cleaning Temp folder works like a charm for me but have read that it doesn't work for other people.

Oh well... I am glad that it isn't only me who finds these thumbnails there. I was doing a lot of research and not finding anything and started to wonder if it was only me.(laugh)

Ah... The project is going well, thanks.(nod)
I think I can say we are at about 80 percent done now. Still a lot of work to do though.
Keep an eye out in the GIP thread because I think soon-ish we will post our game and progress there.(laugh)

Yours.
Jay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk