My suggestion for the "Completed Game Announcements" forum

Started by Meystari F, Thu 05/10/2017 11:40:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Meystari F

Just a simple suggestion.
But I'm getting tired of seeing both free completed game and games on sale in the same Forum
"Completed Game Announcements forum".

So my suggestion is could you add this two extra forum in the forum "Completed Game Announcements forum"?

"Free Completed Game Announcements"
and 
"Completed Game Announcements On Sale"

It would make the forum much easier for everybody who are looking for Completed free games and Completed games on sale.

Click here to see the image of my Forum suggestion

Stupot

I'm not convinced this is much of a problem. Only a fraction of games in the CGA board are commercial. I think currently there are only two paid games on the first page.

If you're scouring deeper than the first page then you're better off searching the database, where you can include or exclude commercial games.

selmiak

I don't see a problem too, but if it should ever become a problem because it is becoming too much we could always have tags for the forum threads.

Danvzare

I agree with Stupot and selmiak, this isn't a problem yet.
If we separated the free and commercial games, the commercial games subforum would probably take years just to fill one page.

If AGS continues to grow, and that becomes an actual problem, then sure, I'd be all for it. But as things are (and are likely to remain for the foreseeable future), I don't see the problem here.

Just use the actual database and check the box to disable commercial games from being displayed.
I'm fairly sure the free games outnumber the commercial games by a factor of 10 to 1 anyway. Probably even more.

Hobo

I also don't think there's enough commercial AGS games for this sort of division, but I guess it would be nice if developers would add "Commercial release" or "Buy on Steam" or something like that to their thread titles, would certainly make them easier to spot.

Meystari F

QuoteI guess it would be nice if developers would add "Commercial release" or "Buy on Steam" or something like that to their thread titles, would certainly make them easier to spot.

Yes that would help too.

AGA

Yeah, this is nowhere near enough of an issue to have a separate forum.  If you see a game where it's not immediately obvious from the title that it's commercial, just report it and we'll edit it to make it clear.

Stupot

Maybe there could be an option in the 'message icon' list for a little dollar sign cup.
Maybe something along these lines.

So it would look something like this:

(Someone with more skills than me might want to do a paintover. Some of the transparent pixels got butchered in the process.)

Danvzare

Looks good to me. I rather like it.

It's not exactly necessary, but I think it looks nice and makes things a bit clearer.
So long as people use it that is.

Peder 🚀

That looks neat Stupot!

I gave a go cleaning it up a bit and also making it same size as the current ones: (still wouldn't hurt from some more detailing)

Stupot

Slasher

Khris

An icon would be awesome, but using existing options, why not just tell people to put [Paid] or [Commercial] at the start of the thread title?

Danvzare

Quote from: Khris on Tue 17/10/2017 12:09:58
An icon would be awesome, but using existing options, why not just tell people to put [Paid] or [Commercial] at the start of the thread title?
Because icons look cooler. :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk