Would like some criticism for some characters I made?

Started by HollyBeth, Wed 20/09/2017 20:08:17

Previous topic - Next topic

HollyBeth

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to Adventure Game Studio and would like some criticism on my art work. I am not the best drawer so decided to used AI.

I haven't drawn the hands yet still trying to figure out what would be best for animation or if I even want to use this style to begin with. Thank you for reading...

selmiak

These characters are looking good! From the vector-look I am very positive you used Adobe Illustrator and not some Artificial Intelligence aided drawing tool. So if you have all limbs as vectors this can be really helpful for animating in either flash or after effects or maybe even anime studio.

Cassiebsg

I like them too. (nod)
I would just like to point out that the lack of outline (not necessarily a black line) or shadowing makes the characters rather hard to read, and you risk having them blend in with the BG.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

HollyBeth

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 21/09/2017 15:23:49
These characters are looking good! From the vector-look I am very positive you used Adobe Illustrator and not some Artificial Intelligence aided drawing tool. So if you have all limbs as vectors this can be really helpful for animating in either flash or after effects or maybe even anime studio.

Haha, Thank you so much for you reply I appreciate it.

HollyBeth

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 21/09/2017 16:45:28
I like them too. (nod)
I would just like to point out that the lack of outline (not necessarily a black line) or shadowing makes the characters rather hard to read, and you risk having them blend in with the BG.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I go back into Adobe Illustrator, and edit a bit. Thanks for the reply!

Kini

Good stuff, HollyBeth. I like them. I'd be very happy to play a game with characters looking like this. I would also be interested to see them with an outline, as Cassiebsg suggested.

A small point: on the first one, is the purple dot on her eyebrow a piercing? If so, perhaps move it to the other side of the eyebrow and add a second dot above the eyebrow.

Keep it up :)

Blondbraid

The characters and artstyle is nice and simple, but I think it would look better with a little more contrast between the colors, especially with the skin and hair on the first character.

BunnyDeFluff

Nice looking modular characters with changeable part you got there.

HollyBeth

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 22/09/2017 16:14:05
The characters and artstyle is nice and simple, but I think it would look better with a little more contrast between the colors, especially with the skin and hair on the first character.
Okay thank you for your reply, I'll add a darker color to the first characters neck and see what I can do :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk