MODULE: ScrollingDialog v3.0 - Updated 27 January 2016

Started by monkey0506, Mon 31/07/2006 06:33:57

Previous topic - Next topic

tor.brandt

Really great module! :-D

I'm using it for my game, and it's working perfectly - except for one minor detail:
I  wanted to create a sort of "loop" dialog that shows only one option at a time, going through three options, such that when 1 is chosen, 1 = off and 2 = on, when 2 is chosen, 2 = off and 3 = on, and when 3 is chosen, 3=off and 1=on, then the dialog stops.
And then if the player engages the dialog again, the dialog script starts over again from the beginning.

However, when I try to start the dialog again, the game crashes with the error:
"Error running function 'dialog_options_render': Error: Array index out of bounds (index: -1, bounds: 0..2".
This also happens if I don't stop the dialog after option 3, but instead tries to jump right back to 1.

The error seems to be that the module is not able to switch on a previously switched-off option, if at the same time there are no other options on (it could, however, do it fine if there were other options on as well).
Is there an easy way to fix this?

PS. I'm not really sure if what I want to do would be a problem in AGS in general, or if it's specifically your module that is not able to handle it...?

katie08cd

hi guys, sorry with this plugin can I create a log dialogue to insert in my diary? thank you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk