MAGS November "Contest" (RESULTS)

Started by MAGS Host, Wed 01/11/2017 00:07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game for MAGS November?

The Gourmet by Slasher
1 (7.1%)
Trivial Pass You It by Mandle
0 (0%)
Last & Furious by Crimson Wizard and Jim Reed
11 (78.6%)
Stable Pete and the Joust by Cassiebsg
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Fri 15/12/2017 00:14:21

Jim Reed

KyriakosCH

(nm) (nod)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Mandle

I just uploaded my game again for testing on a remote computer tomorrow.

It now includes two trivia games of my own making:

AGS Trivia and Movie Trivia

Which should be both playable and/or addable to for more questions from players.

It should also be possible to create completely new trivia games of any theme playable within the game itself as seperate save game files which can be redistributed...

I will test tomorrow on a remote computer or two to make sure everything works okay and then release...

Slasher

Mandle,

I hand you a golden septre for your innovation and hope you pull it off (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Uhm... at this point in time, I'm not sure I'll deliver a half baked game (demanding for a deluxe version) or a demo... 8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Riaise

Cassie, whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be great! ;-D

Mandle

EDIT: The game release post has been updated on page 5 of this thread so I deleted this one to avoid confusion...

Mandle

UPDATE: The game only seems to work if it is placed in "My Documents" and then run. It doesn't work off of the desktop for me.

Slasher

Mandle

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 25/11/2017 14:38:34
UPDATE: The game only seems to work if it is placed in "My Documents" and then run. It doesn't work off of the desktop for me.
It actually works for me if I run it from a subfolder on desktop, does it not run for you at all or some functionality does not work?

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 25/11/2017 23:37:32
Quote from: Slasher on Sat 25/11/2017 18:23:59
(laugh) so far (nod)

Does this mean you tried it and it works?
I'v only played a few times and the playing parts works.. Will try other parts soon..(nod)

Shadow1000

I put it on my desktop and was able to play it. I did the AGS trivia and movie trivia.

Mandle

Okay, cheers for the good news guys!

It seems that the file for "Stephen King Trivia" got lost somehow (I probably saved over it by accident). It's just the AGS Trivia file instead.

No worries though because there were some wrong questions in it anyways I realized later on. I will probably make a new one and possibly some more themes before the final deadline.

I will post in here when the final version is ready.

I won't be changing the program though so feel free to make your own sets of questions and/or expand upon the ones already in the game folder. The game will still accept them as valid save games.

If anyone does so please contact me as I might include in the game. (Try to include at least 50 or so questions, or more if you can. The upper limit is 200. The game will just crash if you try to add question 201 but it shouldn't corrupt the save file so only that question will not be in the game save file.)

Any topic is fine: Video Games/ Animals/ Geography/ Sports/ Fishing/ Disney/ History/ etc.

Oh, and did anyone find mention of themself in the AGS Trivia yet? I tried to include as many active members as possible. If I missed you I'm sorry. I didn't make a proper list or anything. You can always add a question about yourself ;) ...

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 26/11/2017 00:22:33
Quote from: Mandle on Sat 25/11/2017 14:38:34
It actually works for me if I run it from a subfolder on desktop, does it not run for you at all or some functionality does not work?

It says "Game files not found" and won't run. Mind you, my computer and OS are both ancient so I doubt many will have a problem. And even if they do they can just put the game in "My Documents" and then it works fine.

Riaise

I usually wait until the end of the month to play all of the MAGS games together, but I thought I'd try this one out now. It works fine for me, from the desktop and straight from my downloads folder.

This is so much fun! I love some of the possible answers to some of the questions. (laugh) I will try making my own set of questions later and see how that goes. ;-D

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Sun 26/11/2017 14:22:39
This is so much fun! I love some of the possible answers to some of the questions. (laugh) I will try making my own set of questions later and see how that goes. ;-D

Glad to hear it's fun! That's what it was really intended as: nothing fancy... just a bit of fun for the community (hopefully). Can't wait to try your own set of Q&A if you make one! ;-D

Cassiebsg

I'll wait to try the game... I'm WAY too busy!

One the good side, I've now got all NPCs I need (minus the King, but he'll have to wait for the deluxe version since he's only needed for cutscenes).
Oh, that reminds me I still need to rig the horse and dress him properly. :-\

But now it's time to render my knights and put them in the game. :-D

I'm still not sure I'll make the deadline with something fun and playable.

@Mandle... I'll try to send you the text in next couple days, now that I have all knights I'll focus on coding the remaining dialogues tomorrow.

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 26/11/2017 22:55:18
@Mandle... I'll try to send you the text in next couple days, now that I have all knights I'll focus on coding the remaining dialogues tomorrow.

No worries!

Also a quick tip for making questions/answers in my game that I found useful:

If you are part way through making a question and you realised you screwed up somewhere you can just hit Alt-X to quit out of the game. The game doesn't save to the database until after you completely finish each question so with Alt-X you can just abort making a question part way and it won't damage the database or anything.

Cassiebsg

Uhm... end of "days" is approaching fast and I'm far from finished (having a bit too much fun creating some animations (roll) ).
I coded some more of the game and I am trying as fast as I can to get the story and puzzle to make sense (and actually get the puzzles to be part of the story)...

Any chance for an extension? I could use the weekend... (roll)
Anyway, if I'm the only one needing extra time, then it might be pointless, as I'm not even sure the weekend will be enough. :~( (But then there's plenty of time for a Deluxe version... if someone pulls my hears and keeps me on my toes working. (roll) (laugh) )

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 27/11/2017 21:54:08
Anyway, if I'm the only one needing extra time, then it might be pointless, as I'm not even sure the weekend will be enough.

We'd need extra few months to make a proper game... so we do not even bother anymore, just shove random stuff to fill in the gaps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk