Sprite transparency option is not saved (for reimport)

Started by Gurok, Fri 03/11/2017 10:57:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurok

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 03/11/2017 10:50:24
As I noted in my post above, not all sprites keep their links. Sprites copied from clipboard and sprites imported using "tiled import" feature do not have links stored.

Also, nothing has its transparency status stored AFAIK. That 'replace sprite(s) from source' convenience feature uses whatever the dialogue box was last set to.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 03/11/2017 10:57:40
Also, nothing has its transparency status stored AFAIK. That 'replace sprite(s) from source' convenience feature uses whatever the dialogue box was last set to.
That sounds like a defect in the feature!

While bitmaps are in the binary blob, the info about sprites is in the XML (Game.agf), so I think it should be possible to add transparency value there.

eri0o

Code: ags

<Sprite Slot="72" Width="48" Height="64" ColorDepth="32" Resolution="LowRes" AlphaChannel="True">
  <Source>
    <FileName>img/kyle/kyle_face/kyle_face1.png</FileName>
  </Source>
</Sprite>

Hey, looking above (a piece of Game.agf xml) it's not stored if the alpha was made using leave-as-is, topleft pixel, no transparency, top right pixel... :/

Gurok

Quote from: eri0o on Fri 03/11/2017 11:23:57
Hey, looking above (a piece of Game.agf xml) it's not stored if the alpha was made using leave-as-is, topleft pixel, no transparency, top right pixel... :/

Yes, that's what I was getting at above.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

eri0o

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: eri0o on Fri 03/11/2017 15:18:50
What does the tag/field LowRes mean?

Not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think that if "LowRes" sprite is in the "high-resolution" game, then it gets scaled up automatically when in game (and vice-versa).
This is a backwards compatibility option you can set in the sprite properties, not related to the image itself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk