A dream come true!

Started by jason, Sat 19/04/2003 04:52:08

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

Hey! I just found out about AGS and was blown away!!!!! All the games I used to play as a child are back, not to mention that they're back with a lot of friends. Really exciting stuff, and right now I am downloading King's Quest 1 and 2 from Tierra  :P
I'm sorry if these types of posts are looked down on :( but I was just really excited!

Scid

Not at all. Anybody who realises that AGS is the best thing since sliced stuff that dream are made off, is okay in my book.

Have fun playing, and don't hesitate to try your luck on making a game of your own. The hard working drones in the technical forum live to help you with your problems.
Those who can, do, and those who can't brag about how they do it at least fifty times a day somewhere on the internet.

Quickstrike

"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

TheYak

I most hardy welcome, my friend.  This is one of the best introductions I've read by a new member.  Most just straight-out say, "My name is Mr. Spanky and I'm a 13-year old male who desperately wants to create adventure games in hopes of attracting gorgeous females."  Well, they don't say that verbatim but you get the gist.  Either way, it's nice to see somebody as enthusiastic as I first was when I found out about it... makes me think I should work on some of this game stuff..

Butcher

Welcome to the forums Jason.

And talking about dreams come true...did I ever tell you about that dream I had about Chrille pumping everyone's penis while they're asleep?

---------------------

Chrille

GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

m0ds

I had the very same dream.

It was a sticky situation!

m0ds

Chrille

Well, I'm glad I don't have that dream :)
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

rodekill

Good to see some adventure gaming enthusiasm.
Welcome! We are now your family.
Do not try to leave.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

remixor

I just pictured Rode saying "Do not try to leave." with the face in his avatar and actually laughed out loud.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Helm

Welcome.

Stay a while, stay forever.
WINTERKILL

Quickstrike

I've been here for 6 months and the most time I've taken off from here is 1 week!  A friendly warning, this is a commitment to greatness!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Eggie

A big heggo to you, my friend.

I'm the creater of AGS; Alex Whitington.  :P

jason

Thanks for the friendly welcome everyone! I do intend to stay for many a while to come =)
I've been on an AGS marathon, and so far I have the following under my belt:
Larry Vales 1, KQ 1, 6 Day Assassin, Granny Zombiekiller, Who Killed Kenny Rogers.
I don't think I have the artistic talent to actually create games as great as these, but I really do hope to contribute in some way to the community. Thanks again. Now, it's time for my next conquest!

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: jason on Sun 20/04/2003 13:01:47
I have the following under my belt:
Larry Vales 1, KQ 1, 6 Day Assassin, Granny Zombiekiller, Who Killed Kenny Rogers.
In one day? You should play grok, it's this amazing instagame. Anyway, welcome.
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Matt Brown

hey, welcome. Nice to meetcha.

I feel your pain about artwork. there are people that are here to help you with that, or you can be like me and makes games with bad art. The Bob's quest games had bad art but were kinda funny, lassi quest had bad art, and a true AGS classic, RBLAT had horrible art, but was a great game. Maybe you can do something like that
word up

Quickstrike

Quote from: jason on Sun 20/04/2003 13:01:47

...I don't think I have the artistic talent to actually create games as great as these, but I really do hope to contribute in some way to the community.
I'm one of the worst people with art, so do what I do, voice act and BETA test.

remixor

Quote from: m0ds on Sat 19/04/2003 14:35:34
I had the very same dream.

It was a sticky situation!

Hahahaha, oh man, does anyone remember that South Park episode where they said "That's what I call a sticky situation!" about four thousand times?  Hilarious.

Yeah, that was a stupid post.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Welcome!
if you're not so good at art, use insta game. My first game had terrible art and that wasn't so long ago. Another useful thing to do is put together stuff like insta or midi30. everything is apreciated.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

TerranRich

Welcome, jason, hope you enjoy using AGS. Be forewarned, though: it is updated almost every other week. It went from version 2.52 to 2.55 in half a year, with many major updates and overhauls. :)

Again, have fun and enjoy!! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk