How to package the finished game? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Thu 09/11/2017 00:02:33

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Hi, I want to ask which files should be in the finished game, so that it can run!
In the main folder created by AGS there are all the room files (asc and crm) a dat file (sprindex) an ico file (template) the mouse-script I used (already made) which has asc and ash files, ttf files (I used a custom one), some other types with one file each (spr, bak, user, lnk and agf), and then the folders: Speech (empty anyway, no speech), Audiocache (sound files) Debug (an exe file and "acsetup.cfg" and Compiled folder.
Compiled has inside it:
again an acsetup.cfg, an file titled mygame.ags, as well as Windows folder.
The Windows folder has:
again an acsetup.cfg, an exe (mygame.exe) and a winsetup.exe.

Surely not all of those need to be included? Anyway, pls tell me, so I can upload the game as fast as I can :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Khris

You only need to publish the contents of the Compiled/Windows folder. Make sure to press F7 in the editor with your game open before grabbing the files, so all of them are created from the current source files. It should be the .exe file, winsetup.exe and acsetup.cfg at the very least, and possibly additional files like audio.vox or translations.

Best copy them to a new folder called like your game, then compress that folder into an archive file (using WinRAR / 7zip / etc) and upload it.

KyriakosCH

Ok!

I hope it worked and no files were lost :D (it is now in the database!)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk