Dialog text appearing in wrong places

Started by HovSky, Fri 10/11/2017 12:23:16

Previous topic - Next topic

HovSky

Hello,
I am fairly new to using AGS and couldn't find help in the manual or online. My problem is that the dialog text seems to appear in random places. The text in picture is said by playable character, which is hidden, so I would like if i could show that text in bottom middle of the screen, or more preferable in dialog GUI.
Which brings me to another problem, how can I make dialog gui, and make it always shown? I am using roger game template, but none of presented GUIs is for dialogs.

Thank you for your time.

Monsieur OUXX

player.SayAt(...) (or <any character>.SayAt)
Type SayAt in your script, highlight it, and press the F1 key to get the details

HovSky

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 10/11/2017 12:51:45
player.SayAt(...) (or <any character>.SayAt)
Type SayAt in your script, highlight it, and press the F1 key to get the details

global script, room script or dialog tab?

HovSky

Managed to solve first problem by placing dummy unit to act as an anchor for text displayed on its head, and positioned it as i want.

also made a GUI for option display, but how can I make it that that gui is only shown when options are shown (only in dialog)?
as of now, I can only make it always shown, or never shown...

Khris

You can set the GUI as dialog GUI in General Settings -> Dialog

As for your previous question, it sounds like you thought .SayAt() is a one time settings command. It isn't, as you found out, but in case you do need to use one at some point, the best place would be inside the game_start function in the Global Script.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk