Coloring Ball: „Advent Calendar“ - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Started by Tabata, Sun 12/11/2017 13:46:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

<< Coloring Ball: Advent Calendar >>

It's that time of the year some of us are preparing a selfmade advent calender for our childs/partners/friends.

I presume that everyone knows about what I am talking, but just to be sure:
It's a calendar of any shape containing small numbered flaps/boxes, one of which is opened on each day of advent, typically to reveal a picture appropriate to the season,  sweets, tiny toys or small gifts of other content that fit in. Also in use are socks, decorated matchboxes and whatever else can hide the little gifts.  :grin:

My task for you - if you happen to accept it - is to show us what you'll place in the advent calender
(or what you'd like to find in case you'd get one) :cool:

... and here's your shape for this color ball:

Choose the one you prefer  - or even better - simply take both and take part with several entries ;)

> You are NOT allowed to rotate or mirror the shape (also no scaling please â€" using imagezoom for displaying will make it easy for us to discover all the details).
> You can use as much colors as you like and choose the style you prefer, but NOT to color the outline this time as the socks are fix.
> Just stay in (the) shape and don't cross the given outline â€" but that's the point here anyway, isn't it?
> As you may have guessed already you are allowed to come up with several submissions, but you can just win once! After the voting is done your 'strongest' entry will count. Of course you also can decide which of your submissions shall take part in the voting. In that case please add a little note to those of your entries that you won't like to have in.

Please post your entry before the 26th of November is over (forum time).

Trophies!!
I did the best I can to create a nice reward for those participants that want a little trophy for their signature. :grin:
For at least one valid entry you will be given one of those unique badges:

... to reward and remember you being part of the AGS Advent Calendar 2017 ...  that is in progress already.

Let's go and have some fun! 

Gurok

Normally, I love doing these, but I'm confused as to what is expected here. Do you want us to colour in a sock with different stlyes/patterns? Or do you want us to draw an object that could be found in an advent calendar (in the shape of a sock)?

Also, if the outline can't be recoloured, it would be wise to incorporate green or red into the colour scheme when we fill them, right? Or is that supposed to blend with the sock's surroundings in a final piece?
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Tabata

Oops, sorry for not explaining it properly. :-[

I'd like to see all those little gifts you place in the socks. I am a curious girl. (laugh)

The fix outline is just to make it more like looking through the front of a red/green coath of the socks.
For those of you who like it a bit more challenging it would be an idea to fill the shape with a slightly darker green/red (like the back of that sock behind the stuff you place in) to intensify the impression of a sock.
Of course a pattern would be possible, too. Maybe your sock isn't invisible everywhere for us to look into.
That would give room for to show a bit of the outside, too. :wink:

But the main thing is to give us a peek of what you place inside or want to find in it. (nod)

AnasAbdin

I like this one :)
It has a fixed shape yet we can draw whatever we like inside! Clever girl (laugh)

Tabata

YAY! We got our first entry ... and such a cool one!

Including a treasure box I presume we might get another sock that includes the key? :wink:
I will ensure that the one with the key is to be opened some days later (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Please don't judge me, I just came back from the gym :-D

All I want in my simple life are those two Éclairs!

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/20RUT3d.png[/imgzoom]

Tabata

Yummy! That's a really good one! (nod)

Thank you for participating 

btw. ... how about another sock (i.e. with some cheese  for the little forum mouse to discover)

AnasAbdin

Gilbert

Tabata

Aww - that is sooo cute!
Anas, you are my hero! 
It's adorable, also the mouse already being inside (so it doesn't have to wait for the gourmet dinner) (laugh)

Just when I started to worry about the Advent Calendar looking a bit deserted with all that empty socks ...   
You made my day with this entry! 

... and now a last reminder to all the others who didn't join so far - still some days left to come up with something!!!

Come on - or is it too easy for you? :shocked:
Then challenge yourself by putting something in that usually wouldn't fit - or something tiny as realistic as possible . . . or whatever you like - just do it, please!

Let's start filling the Advent Calendar! 

Cassiebsg

I'm busy with MAGS. :~(

Maybe extend the deadline a few days if there aren't enough entries? (you already have gifts for day 1 and 2... (roll) )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Creamy

Cheese and patisserie, right? Well, for tradition's sake :

[imgzoom]http://creamy.r.c.f.unblog.fr/files/2017/11/disaster.png[/imgzoom]

Sinitrena

Just a single nut, deep down in the sock, and she can't even reach it! :cry:

Glenjamin

Here's my entry: The challenge stocking

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/6GBHgNb.png[/imgzoom]

Somewhere among the used needles, assorted snakes, broken glass, spaghetti, and more is a $20 Outback gift card.

How far will you go for a deep fried onion?

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Rocchinator

HAHAHAHAHAHAA! I'm loving this contest already such great entries!

funnyboy044

For my entry, I'll make it like an commercial.

Hey Space Conquerors, want a Christmas stocking worthy of your pride?
Well get ready, cause we've the stocking for YOU!!!

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/V2VoeLu.png[/imgzoom]

Including: the new iKill X: The most frightening alien cyborg weapon in the universe! But that's not all, you'll also receive a Limited Edition Plasma Gun from Bethesda Weapons Co., the Helmet of Straining Sensibility (w/laser gun attachment), a Bastard Knifeâ,,¢, perfect for that traitorous and untrustworthy side of yours, and of course, a jar full of...RAVENOUS, MAN-EATING, INFECTIOUS-DISEASE-SPREADING BACTERIA!

Now available at every local convenience store.

Danvzare

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk