inverted icon???

Started by HovSky, Mon 13/11/2017 22:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

HovSky

Hello,

I have a problem with importing sprites. Made this walking icon in color, black footsteps empty background, white empty background, black footsteps white back,etc. nothing seems to work... i only get white background no matter what i do...

bottom right is photoshop file,
top is sprite manager
bottom left is what i get ingame...

please help

Crimson Wizard

When importing sprite, the import window let you choose how the transparent part is deduced. Default is to take color from "top-left pixel" as transparent, but for your cursor sprite you cannot take top-left pixel, because it has non-transparent color. So you need to choose something else, like "top-right pixel".

HovSky

oh my god. Thank you. Real life saver.
Should i delete this thread now or?

NicolaGs

I think the problem comes from the fact that when you import a picture, you've got to tell AGS what color has to be considered as transparent.
The default setting, when you import, is "top left pixel" : so the color of the top left pixel will be considered as transparent in the whole image.

Here, I see that your sprite image has a black border in the top left : so AGS considers that black has to be transparent (the  pink color in the editor represents the transparency).

What to do : when you import, indicate another pixel for transparency.

edit : CW was faster than me!
My first game : I Want Out!

Snarky

Quote from: HovSky on Mon 13/11/2017 22:18:42
Should i delete this thread now or?

No. We leave the threads up so that if someone else has the same problem and searches for it, they'll be able to find the answer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk