Alpha transparency (for main character)

Started by KyriakosCH, Mon 20/11/2017 14:42:52

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Hi, I have a couple of questions about getting full alpha transparency for a moving character*:

1) First... the basics... if it can be done, how do you do this in the editor? :=
2) Is there any limit sprite-wise for alpha transparency to work? is it too taxing on the game etc?
3) Can I alter a 16-bit colour mode game to 32-bit (i assume alpha only works with the later?) without losing anything?

Thanks in advance!

*What I mean is if I can have some other colour (NOT the regular transparency, ie the one which tells the program what isn't part of the shown object) to use as transparent in dependence to the background at any point. Eg a shadow, or the outline of the sprite :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Danvzare

1) The basics are that the sprites needs to have the alpha transparency already set up in in the picture before you import it. So in other words, you'll want to use .PNG files.

2) I don't think there are any limits sprite-wise for alpha transparency to work. Except of course that the game has to be in 32-bit.

3) You won't lose anything switching from 16-bit to 32-bit, but you may have to re-import all of the sprites and backgrounds. That can take quite a while, but it's quite easy to do, since you can just export every image and then re-import them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk