I, too, now have lady troubles.

Started by Dave Gilbert, Sat 19/04/2003 17:48:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

I just started dating someone.  She's cute, charming, funny, brilliant... there's only one problem.

She owns a macintosh!1!!

She can't download my games and be wowed and awed by my AGS coding prowess.

Damn.

Looks like I'll have to dump her now.

Quickstrike

Mabey, this will drive you to program the Apple port and an Apple exe for games.  Or, you could always nag her to get Windows.

Oh, yeah!  Congratulations on finding a girlfriend!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

AGA

Try:

http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc6m.html

Which is a Windows emulator for Mac. Dunno if that;d let you run AGS (games) or not, but it's worth a look, I suppose...

scotch

or secretly swap all the insides to make it a pc, then use a theme that looks like the mac os ._.

Quickstrike

I'm waiting for the "Or kill her" post...
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Barcik

It'll save you the emberassment.

:P
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

AndersM

Maybee it's best that she can't see your work. A man's computer-abilities is known to have a strange negative effect on those wimmenfolks...   :P

MrColossal

the pc emulator works as far as my friend nick is concerned

he's played all my games and many many other pc games
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Scid

Dumping her is the worst thing you can do. It's one of those things you wind up regretting it for the rest of your life. So don't be a fool. Let her dump you. All it takes is one of her best friend, lots of champagne, and chilled strawberries.

Or be sensible and do what everybody else here says. Be sure to know how you'll dispose of the body before you kill her though. Organisation is key.
Those who can, do, and those who can't brag about how they do it at least fifty times a day somewhere on the internet.

Jimi

For Quickstrike: Kill her.

Really though, why don't you show her on your PC? Jus ta thought.  ;)

Evil

yes, let her come over on see on your pc. she gets to see them and she is in your house ;)

Jimi

But light some candles before she comes in, and put roses on the PC, and CLEAN YOUR BED!!!!! You don't know what will happen  ;)

rodekill

90% of Rode Quest 2 was made using VPC6.
It's pretty spectacular, but it's sloooow and won't emulate direct x as far as I can tell.
Also, res lower than 640x480 won't work (which is ok for AGS, because you can run low res games in 640x480 anyways).
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Jimi

RODEKILL!!! How dare you change a romantic thread into a technical thread.....ah, what the hell, do what you like.  :P

rodekill

Direct X and Virtual PC aren't romantic?

*snap*

Wait... a... sec..

Fog of war... clearing... women... starting to... make... sense...

*fart*

Aaaaah.

Now, what was I saying?
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

LGM

I use Virtual PC for Windows 2000 and Linux. They run pretty well, but I've been too busy multi-tasking that I haven't been able to install anything properly.. Bah
You. Me. Denny's.

frobozz

Older versions of DirectX and VirtualPC are compatable.  I played Alpha Centauri on my old Powerbook and it worked fairly well (except for the fact that my powerbook was sl-o-o-o-o-ow beyond belief)

-Fro.

remixor

lol, I'm sure DG is thrilled at the direction this thread is taking  ;)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Dave Gilbert

Ahhh memories.  My first computer out of college was a Macintosh G3.  I found a mac version of "Gabriel Knight 2" and loved it, and then bought Virutal PC so I could play the first one. :-)

I only use PCs now, but I liked my mac.  It rarely crashed in the two years I owned it - and when it DID crash it was because I was running Virtual PC at the time.

And no worries about the direction this thread is going.  It's a silly thread anyway.   8)

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Girls and computer games don't seem to mix. I would avoid even mentioning it, unless you already have, in which case I agree with the others... Kill her...
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Jimi

or, trick her into buying a PC by taping a peice of paper saying "This Mac has performed an illigal opperation" on it.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Quote from: Rabbit With Fangs on Sun 20/04/2003 13:29:13
Girls and computer games don't seem to mix.
Hey! Think before you post! The post feminists are taking over the world...
dave: Invite her over to your place and let her play the games on your computer! How come nobody thought of that? You're all suckers...
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Matt Brown

only...two people did. so there.
word up

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Damn you Mr.Panda, don't ruin my insomniac quest for vengeance!
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Matt Brown

word up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk