Mac Adventure Gamers?

Started by SilverSpook, Wed 22/11/2017 06:18:40

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Are there many folks who play point and click adventure games who use Macs? Do any of you personally use Macs?

I'm of course on a PC and only have access to Windows but I'd be interested to know if there's a significant percentage of Mac users, or if it's very few to none. Thanks!

Stupot

I occasionally use my wife's Mac for adventure games partly because warming up my crappy old windows laptop is kind of a nuisance when I can just fire up the Mac almost instantaneously. Also most modern games won't work on my laptop anyway.

AGS games and other older adventure games are really the only reason I still bother firing up that old piece of junk.

SilverSpook

Interesting; let me ask you this then: would a game being available on Mac be influential in whether or not you buy it? As I understand it, most AGS games don't appear to work for Mac, unless I'm mistaken.

Click'd

There seems to be an adventure audience on iPad and iPhone, if that counts.

SilverSpook

Ah, yeah that is good to know. Does anyone here play adventure games on their tablets?

Stupot

Not tablet, but I have played a few on my iPhone, including Kathy Rain and Technobabylon. Both of them worked very well.

Peder 🚀

I own a macbook, but purely use it for development work (barely even that these days).

As a side note, I personally never enjoyed playing adventure games on phones/tablets.

SilverSpook

Thanks for the input guys. Here's another question; has anyone ever tried running an AGS game wrapped in Wineskin on their Mac? http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php

Mandle

Quote from: SilverSpook on Wed 06/12/2017 08:29:11
Thanks for the input guys. Here's another question; has anyone ever tried running an AGS game wrapped in Wineskin on their Mac? http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php

I downloaded my game "The Adventures Of The Black Hand Gang" a few years ago for my friend and child to play and then had to download Wineskin so they could play on their Mac.

It went pretty well. They could play the game through the Wineskin application.

Snarky

Not Wineskin as such, but I've been playing several AGS games with Wine on my MacBook Pro recently, including Technobabylon. It works well. The only little issue I'm having is that you have to click-tap the touchpad to click (normally you can just tap without actually pressing the pad down).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk