SayAt and GUI's

Started by Slasher, Thu 23/11/2017 05:12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi I have my characters SayAt at the top of the screen.

This all works fine... that is until I call Esc, F5 or F7 ... When I save/load or cancel the SayAt Drops down the screen.

There are no gui's in the way.

Possible reasons?

Cheers

Snarky

I think that's just how SayAt() works. It's full of funky behavior to try to avoid overlapping with anything else, and it probably assumes you're using the standard GUIs.

Slasher

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 23/11/2017 07:17:11
I think that's just how SayAt() works. It's full of funky behavior to try to avoid overlapping with anything else, and it probably assumes you're using the standard GUIs.

Tell me about it (laugh)

Anyhow, I imported an earlier Template and all is OK. I will just have to keep a very close eye on what I do and try to avoid this situation happening again.

As I have mentioned previously, the SayAt is not on any gui...

Cheers Snarky...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 23/11/2017 07:17:11

Yes it actually does that. I recall seeing a code that moves speech text down in case some GUI is on top of the screen. It does not care whether it actually overlaps or not, just the presence of GUI on screen causes this.

Slasher

There is actually a narrow gui below it... about 9 pixels clearance from character.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk