animation Q

Started by wOoDz, Sat 19/04/2003 20:03:10

Previous topic - Next topic

wOoDz

i kno i should read more but hey i'm a lazy git ;D
my ultimate Q is...how animated can a background be, i.e could the whole thing be constantly changing, (searching for example here....) i know, willy wonka when they where on the boat trip or m.manson's vid "dope hat" :-\ not the best examples unless ur old or a weird lol, i'm both :P

woodz

Jimi

are you talking about AGS? (Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory was on TV the other day!)

wOoDz

yes in a AGS game, i was thinking of a room where the background changes all the time as the character walks thro, i was never known for makin life simple! :-[

woodz

Jimi

I think this should go in the beginners forum, but a mod will move it....

In the background editor, you can select a "Frames" thingy, just put all the different frames in there.

wOoDz

it probably should be in the bin! ty jimi, the game's getting complicated as it is, the post was thinking out loud really, i've just got this image of the background flashing and makin ppl fit!

i'll try it and see

woodz

Jimi

I suggest read the manual on bacgrounds. It has it all there you lazy git!  :P

Scummbuddy

It was probably a scrolling room.  You can't get that nice of an affect using animatebackground.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Quickstrike

You can make them change by animating the background.  It's ment for making trees sway and stuff like that, but you could make it work for a changing BG.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

wOoDz

Recognition at last! :P i will do!
 thx everyone i'll let you know if i can make it work ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk