Author Topic: MODULE: SpeechBubble v0.8.0  (Read 3901 times)

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Mittens Earl
  • Private Insultant
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
Re: MODULE: SpeechBubble v0.8.0
« Reply #40 on: 23 Feb 2018, 06:44 »
All development of this module is on hold while I'm working on the AGS Awards Ceremony client.

To do text in multiple colors you have to break it up into separate strings that you render individually (using DrawingSurface.DrawString()), with the appropriate x and y offsets. There's an outline of how you might do it here.

To see how you're meant to be changing the tail, check out this post. Unfortunately there's a bug in the module which means you have to edit the internal initSpeechBubble() function instead, as shown in the post above.

The tail flipping depending on character angle is a feature I've been meaning to add, but it's not implemented. Basically, in renderBubble32() there are two calls to drawPixelArray(). The last two arguments are whether to flip the array horizontally or vertically, and both are set to false. If you set the second-to-last to true in both calls, it will flip it. So I would add a bool argument to renderBubble32(), and pass that along to drawPixelArray(). Then in the calls to renderBubble32() in realSayAtBubble(), SayBubble() and SayBackgroundBubble() you would set the argument depending on which way the character is facing.

Narehop

• Solodev on @Outline_team
« Reply #41 on: 07 Mar 2018, 19:04 »
How i can to set a custom background?

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Mittens Earl
  • Private Insultant
    •  
    •  
« Reply #42 on: 08 Mar 2018, 21:45 »
You can set a background color with SpeechBubble.BackgroundColor. You cannot set a background graphic.

Narehop

• Solodev on @Outline_team
« Reply #43 on: 01 Apr 2018, 19:07 »
You can set a background color with SpeechBubble.BackgroundColor. You cannot set a background graphic.

you'll be update with this option?

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Mittens Earl
  • Private Insultant
    •  
    •  
« Reply #44 on: 01 Apr 2018, 22:58 »
Sure, when I find time to work on it. I think TotalLipSync is first in line for an update, though.