City at distance during dusk

Started by SinSin, Fri 08/12/2017 14:59:51

Previous topic - Next topic

SinSin

So I've been messing about with the buildings on this picture for a few hours and I cant seem to make my mind up on which is better or indeed correct.
The lighter or the darker buildings in the distance. 
what do you think folks?
Should I go in between the two colours maybe?

Currently working on a project!

Cassiebsg

I like the darker too... but if you want what is more correct:

If you look at the electric masts, on the right, you'll notice that those farther away are lighter than those closer.

Now... if your sun is setting behind the buildings, the 1st lighter version is more correct to my eyes, the other one looks more like the sun is rising behind the viewer, only the sky gradient indicates (to me) that it's either rising/setting behind the skyline.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

I'd say I prefer the lighter buildings but feel they might be just a tad too light and are getting lost a little against the sky.

Maybe try about 10-20% darker?

SinSin

Thanks everyone ;-D  I'll work on it more and update this thread when completed.
Currently working on a project!

Ubel

If you go with lighter make sure to fade into the hue of the sky to make it look more natural. Quick example:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/abhIWHL.png[/imgzoom]

Though I would add slightly more contrast to it.

Matti

Ubel made a good point. I prefer the lighter ones too as they look more natural and add some depth to the scene. The original ones were too grey though.

Mandle

Ubel's example is pretty much almost perfect to my eye but I also think that the pinpoints of light from the lit windows in the far background should be just a bit more of the original yellow intensity because electrical lights wouldn't fade out as fast as basic buildings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk