[Solved]

Started by babycouldsmile, Wed 20/12/2017 11:26:24

Previous topic - Next topic

babycouldsmile

Hello! I have just finished my first game, and I used tutorials/forum answers/ the manual throughout.
When I play my game inside AGS, it works perfectly. I have clicked on "build exe" and yet each time, when I open my game.exe file, it loads to the first room, and that's it. The first room and only the first room. I have a total of 6 rooms! :-[

Please help!! This is a Christmas present, and I need it done by this Monday!

[SOLVED]

NVM people! I fixed it. I deleted my compiled folder and built it again, and this time, it created a new compiled folder, and my full game was there.

CaptainD

What do you mean it only "loads" the first game?  Have you put exit points in your first room to move to other rooms, that work when you test but not in the compiled version?

babycouldsmile

Thanks for your suggestion! My game works fine. I just had previously compiled my first room so I could send it to a friend and get their feedback. But when I finished my whole game, I didn't delete the "compiled" folder, so every time I saved a new game, I guess it wasn't working because I hadn't yet gotten rid of the file. After doing so, the game saved normally: 6 rooms and all!

Crimson Wizard

Something is strange here, you are not supposed to manually delete Compiled folder everytime. Sounds like Editor does not detect changes properly.

There is also "Rebuild all files" command that may be useful in similar case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk