AGS 3.4.1 - Patch 1

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sun 28/01/2018 18:49:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: proximity on Fri 09/03/2018 08:08:01It may be resolved by removing "Run game setup" from build menu ? :confused: So users understand that the only way to reach settings is "Default Setup" pane. Just an idea.
No way... If I do that, people will have to change "default setup" every time they want to test game differently.

Vincent

QuoteRemoved game error reported when GUI coordinates were off the room limits.
It doesn't seem to work for me, I still get the message gGuiY: Co-ordinates specified are out of range.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Vincent on Mon 26/03/2018 17:41:13
QuoteRemoved game error reported when GUI coordinates were off the room limits.
It doesn't seem to work for me, I still get the message gGuiY: Co-ordinates specified are out of range.

Could you give an example of script and actual error message? (I cannot find such text in the engine anymore)

Vincent

Example of script im using:
Code: ags

function repeatedly_execute_always()
{
  gPointer.X = btnMap.X+1020;
  gPointer.Y = btnMap.Y+1240;
}

Message error:

Crimson Wizard

Are you completely sure you are running the latest patch? What version number do you have in Help -> About window?

Vincent

I think I am, I believe... The number version is:
AGS Editor .NET (Build 3.4.1.12)
v3.4.1, January 2018

Crimson Wizard

This is very strange, because this version does not even have such error message in the code.
Did you use installer or zip archive?

EDIT: damn, it looks like the zip archive contains engine from previous version... I will replace it in few minutes.

Vincent

I used the zip archive. I have unziped the file and I double click the exe to open the game with this version.

Crimson Wizard

I updated the zip archive, it contained old version of the engine because of mistake.

Vincent

There is no problem Crimson Wizard, thank you very much! :)

Scavenger

I've been trying this version out and whenever I open a new tab from the explore project thing, it opens one in the bottom left hand corner instead of the biggest window, and it's making working with this version a nightmare, especially because it never used to work like this in 3.2.1. I can't work on my game if I have to keep dragging the new tabs out instead of them just being there like they used to be forever. Am I doing something wrong here?

Spoiler
[close]

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Scavenger on Sun 15/04/2018 00:49:25
I've been trying this version out and whenever I open a new tab from the explore project thing, it opens one in the bottom left hand corner instead of the biggest window, and it's making working with this version a nightmare, especially because it never used to work like this in 3.2.1. I can't work on my game if I have to keep dragging the new tabs out instead of them just being there like they used to be forever. Am I doing something wrong here?

I tried to find a way to reproduce this. Apparently, some of the panels in AGS has an invisible "marker" on it that tells it to open new tabs there all the time. And similar situation may happen if you keep dragging panels around and resizing them until that "main panel" appears in the corner.

Well, I see two options here:
1) Keep rearranging panels in "inverse" way, like in the "slide pieces puzzle", to push that pane out to the place you want. In other words, if you want it to go up and right, then drag & place something to the left and bottom.
2) Go to "%USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/AGS" and delete Layout.xml. That should reset the layout to defaults, after which you may adjust it to your preference again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk