Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots - STEAMED!

Started by CaptainD, Fri 29/12/2017 08:30:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Can you make the image zoomable?

I wanna see those sweet details inside the ship!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 13/01/2018 12:43:34
Can you make the image zoomable?

I wanna see those sweet details inside the ship!

Your wish is my something that I will now do:

[imgzoom]http://fireflowergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CD_DHAMSB_Boxart.jpg[/imgzoom]

While I'm here, let me tell you that after a slight delay Captain Disaster is now available on GameJolt (CassieBSG, this one's for you! (laugh))

Mandle

Wow! What an awesome job of recreating the interior rooms!

I can see Zero-Bit's backside!

CaptainD

@Mandle - Zero-Bit is not impressed with your comment.

In other news - we got our first review! :) :) :) :)

https://neoretrogo.com/captain-disaster-death-million-stomping-boots-review

"The puzzles aren't the only enjoyable part of the game though, the story is absolutely delightful. If you like a humor filled sci-fi tale chocked to the brim with references many different science fiction properties than you won't be disappointed."

"Final thoughts: if  you are in the mood for a good old school point and click this is a hard game to pass up. Even if that isn't your forte, the story is a fun romp and to me really sells the game."

VERY happy with that review.  (Hoping to get that elusive 5 people to rate the game on the AGS game page to get an overall impression of what people thought of it too.)

Cassiebsg

Hey :)

I was trying to download the demo, but can't find the link. :-\ The link on the AGS dB just sends to itch and all I can see is the buy link.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

The old demo from 2012 is still available but we're updating it to reflect the final quality of the game - has taken a little longer than expected due to RL issues but should be available soon.  I'll post when it is, will be putting it up on Itch and GameJolt (and FireFlower if they host demos).  Watch this space!

Cassiebsg

Okay, thanks for the heads up. (nod)
Hope it gets up before nominations are over, so I can play it. :)

CaptainD

Cassiebsg

Cool, dwled! :-D

PS- I hate installers! >:(

Cassiebsg

Nah, I'm just a simple person, that likes simple things (like drag and drop a folder out of a zip file, instead of having to find the folder where to install, and delete the startup shortcuts). But at least you don't force the game to be full screen, so I've now just finished it. :-D

But I'll admit, I did had to use the walkthrough once... just once...
Spoiler

Apparently I'm not as cheese smart as I thought. (laugh) (roll)
[close]

SilverSpook

Kini

Just completed the demo. Loved it :-D More than happy to pay for the full thing to support this. Well done!

CaptainD

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 05/02/2018 22:16:14
Nice job man! :) Hope the sales are still moving.

Thanks mate!  There are glaciers that are moving a lot quicker tbh, but hopefully things will pick up when more reviews appear.

Quote from: Kini on Sat 10/02/2018 09:34:49
Just completed the demo. Loved it :-D More than happy to pay for the full thing to support this. Well done!

Thanks - really glad you enjoyed the demo, hope you enjoy the full game even more! ;-D

Mandle

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 11/02/2018 00:36:26
Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 10/02/2018 19:58:04
There are glaciers that are moving a lot quicker

Not for much longer...

Thank you for that reminder about global warming...

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 11/02/2018 10:45:26
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 11/02/2018 00:36:26
Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 10/02/2018 19:58:04
There are glaciers that are moving a lot quicker

Not for much longer...

Thank you for that reminder about global warming...

The thread title says "Disaster"... :P

Kastchey

I feel a bit silly for posting this with a month's delay, but anyway - for Mandle and anyone else who wants to see the details of the cross section in its original resolution, here it is:
[imgzoom]https://s18.postimg.org/6uvvpe3y1/CD2_DHAMSB-cover_315x250_2.png[/imgzoom]

(Had to be resized on the promo art due to the host's image size requirements)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk