AGS Awards 2017 - Results!

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2018 09:06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I think I mostly agree with Cassie. It's not very likely but I can imagine a scenario where a demo was good enough to win a bunch of other non-demo awards, like best animation, BG art, best story etc. only to then win all the same awards in the same categories for basically the same content the following year.

Gurok

I've nominated, but I'm still being told I haven't. When I open the nomination form, my previous entries are all filled out, so I assume something's been saved.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

cat

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 05/02/2018 22:42:17
It's not very likely but I can imagine a scenario where a demo was good enough to win a bunch of other non-demo awards, like best animation, BG art, best story etc. only to then win all the same awards in the same categories for basically the same content the following year.
Then this game shouldn't be allowed either - it is the same game but with improvements for writing, graphics, voice acting etc.

Short games, non-adventure and freeware games are all allowed for Best Game and the art categories.
I find it difficult to set limitations here. If you don't want to nominate a game, then simply don't do it.

Cassiebsg

Yeah, I've been having a hard time figuring where the Deluxe version fits to be honest... Mostly cause I never played (or even seen) the previous version, so I really don't know how much new content there is. In my mind it should be game for anything that is new content: BGs and animations suffered touch ups? Yes. (nod) New voice? (nod) New lines and stuff? (nod) But again, It's hard when you don't know the previous incarnation and what exactly was improved/changed. :-[

And I wouldn't exclude any from any category, we already don't do that. I can nominate a demo for best game if I want... To be able to exclude, the list we can choose from should already exclude all non applicable... As in the non-adventure games the drop-down would only show those that are non-adventure, the demo one would only show demos, etc... That isn't the case (though we could, if in the game settings we could choose the categories that the game has... as a check box if it's a demo, a check-box for voice acting (already there), a check box for music and sfx, for non-adventure, etc... so that when generating the list of game for nomination half the work was already done for us, and it would be hard to "misplace" a game in the wrong category ;) ).

So at the end of the day is up to those doing the FYC thread to suggest the category(s) their game might fit in, and those nominating and casting their votes to decide.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

*bump*

Nominations close this Saturday at 13:59 GMT! Don't forget to cast your votes before it is too late :)

AGA

Quote from: Gurok on Mon 05/02/2018 23:07:53
I've nominated, but I'm still being told I haven't. When I open the nomination form, my previous entries are all filled out, so I assume something's been saved.

Should be fixed now?

KyriakosCH

Nominated a couple more, though only from those i have played, which in total seems to have been 6 or 7 games from 2017... Financial situation is dire, so 7 is not as bad as it sounds :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

cat

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Thu 08/02/2018 20:23:02
Financial situation is dire, so 7 is not as bad as it sounds :=
There are tons of freeware games - there is still some time to play a few of them.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: cat on Thu 08/02/2018 20:53:10
Quote from: KyriakosCH on Thu 08/02/2018 20:23:02
Financial situation is dire, so 7 is not as bad as it sounds :=
There are tons of freeware games - there is still some time to play a few of them.

Oh, the issue is time. Freelance translating means i have to be out on the look for euros (nod)

Creamy

I 'm thankful for the hard work of the people behind the ceremony but this monstrous form is really off-putting.

I couldn't find how to stay logged on indefinitely so I crossed my finges and filled it.
It's only when I clicked on the "submit" button - about one hour later - that I knew that I had been disconnected >:(

Is there really no way to put the categories on different pages?

KyriakosCH

^You can list some in one go and then list more, afaik as many times as you want to. At least i hope it works (it did for my two tries, but who knows until we see the code := := := )

cat

@Creamy:
I'm sorry you experienced such inconvenience. KyriakosCH is right, you don't have to do the nominations in one go. Just fill in one category and submit, then do the next. Your votes will be stored and should re-appear when you open the form again.

AGA

Quote from: Creamy on Thu 08/02/2018 21:15:08
Is there really no way to put the categories on different pages?

"Really no way"?  Of course it's possible, but I've never seen anyone even suggest it before!

However, I think people would find clicking through 20 pages to vote just as annoying...

Oh, and click 'stay logged in indefinitely' or somesuch when you log in to stay logged in.

Creamy

QuoteJust fill in one category and submit, then do the next. Your votes will be stored and should re-appear when you open the form again.

QuoteOh, and click 'stay logged in indefinitely' or somesuch when you log in to stay logged in.

All right, that's just me being stupid. Will do.

Gurok

Quote from: AGA on Thu 08/02/2018 19:19:37
Quote from: Gurok on Mon 05/02/2018 23:07:53

Should be fixed now?

Yes, it's fixed now. Thanks for that! I wasn't sure if I'd missed something.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

cat

Only a few hours left!

Only the top 5 games of each category will be nominated and they need to have at least five votes each. If the required number of votes is not met, there could be less than 5 nominees for a category.

SilverSpook

Everyone immediately vote for Captain Disaster, and simultaneously open a category for most sci-fi references in a p-n-c adventure game. :)

Cassiebsg

What do you mean by "Only the top 5 games of each category" ??

Hope you mean the 5 most nominated in each category (but with a minimum of 5 votes)... And not the order in which they are nominated...
You can select up to ten nominations for each of the categories below; the order you enter them is not significant,
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 09/02/2018 20:40:59
Hope you mean the 5 most nominated in each category (but with a minimum of 5 votes)... And not the order in which they are nominated...

Yes, of course. The order does not matter. Sorry if it was not clear.

CaptainD

Quote from: SilverSpook on Fri 09/02/2018 20:34:33
Everyone immediately vote for Captain Disaster, and simultaneously open a category for most sci-fi references in a p-n-c adventure game. :)

I second this notion!! (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk