AGS Awards 2017 - Results!

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2018 09:06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

I've also nominated Robolovers in more than one category, but takes at least 5 ppl to nominate it in the same category, plus then it needs to in the top 5 of the nominated... so it might have ended as 6th place nomination in a category or two.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

What Cassie said - there are a lot of good games that do miss out every year, not because they're bad games or that people don't like them, but just because don't get as many votes as some other games.  With over a hundred games released last year that were made with AGS, there was a lot of competition! 

Looking at the excellent user ratings your game got I would say that you probably missed out very narrowly!

CaptainD

Anyone else getting an error message about not being Admin when they try to vote?

cat

Voting has started! Use the link in the forum banner and vote for your favourite games!

@xBRANEx Cassiebsg and CaptainD are right - only the 5 games with most nominations per category get nominated.

SilverSpook

Quote from: cat on Tue 13/02/2018 19:05:00
Voting has started! Use the link in the forum banner and vote for your favourite games!

@xBRANEx Cassiebsg and CaptainD are right - only the 5 games with most nominations per category get nominated.

Hm, the link appears to only let admins through.

cat

Should be working now - can you please try it?

xBRANEx

Oh, I get it, sorry! None of the games I nominated are in the poll, though. Will have to find one to vote for!

CaptainD

Unexpected at the Rising Star is listed for Best Voicework but I don't think this is correct (much as I would love it to be!).

Ibispi

I noticed that Archeos is in the 'best background art' category for voting. But it wasn't so for the nominations, Neofeud was there instead. I mean, I don't mind it (and Fantome Bleu doesn't - he drew the backgrounds) but it seems like an error.

AGA

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 13/02/2018 22:02:00
Unexpected at the Rising Star is listed for Best Voicework but I don't think this is correct (much as I would love it to be!).

Quote from: Ibispi on Tue 13/02/2018 22:09:18
I noticed that Archeos is in the 'best background art' category for voting. But it wasn't so for the nominations, Neofeud was there instead. I mean, I don't mind it (and Fantome Bleu doesn't - he drew the backgrounds) but it seems like an error.

Thanks for the honesty, both.  I've fixed them both, and double checked all the possible votes against the top nominees.

KyriakosCH

Voted :)

As a rule, i only would vote for games i actually played. Almost all my nominations were on games i played too -- only exception was Last and Furious, but it was in a special category as well 8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

shaun9991

Thanks so much guys for nominating Legend of Hand in so many categories! :)

It's an honour to be among so many great games :D
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Arlann

Thanks for these nominations for Jorry, is very encouraging.
Congratulations to all and good luck!

Pilchard

Thanks for the nod to Hang On for Best Short Game, any of you who voted for that! I'm honoured, and it was a nice surprise to find out from Chicky over Discord the other day.

m0ds

Good luck! And hey, if you don't win, remember, you can just update your game next year into a "deluxe" version, give it a new db page and enter it again (wtf) (laugh)

Fizzii

Quote from: MJL on Sun 18/02/2018 14:08:32
Good luck! And hey, if you don't win, remember, you can just update your game next year into a "deluxe" version, give it a new db page and enter it again (wtf) (laugh)
To be fair, ATOTK doesn't even set this precedent - Technobabylon was also a remake.

This sort of comment dismisses the amount of effort we put into updating the game - with organising voice recording and editing, painting several backgrounds from scratch, redoing many many sprite frames and adding in extra animations, rewriting of the script, and not to mention reprogramming it all (especially with the updated background layouts, and all the wandering NPCs and different actions that occur on the same screen(s) at different points in time, this isn't trivial). We didn't make the Deluxe edition for the purpose of winning AGS awards either - we did it because we felt the game deserved an update and also needed one to be fit for a commercial release.

Also, in the For Your Consideration thread, you may have noticed that Radiant didn't ask to be nominated in every category (and I certainly didn't nominate for more than what he listed, and I put down a bunch of other games too). Getting nominated in so many categories was very much a surprise for us, so we are happy that the broader AGS community is supportive of the game.

Good luck to all that are nominated! There are certainly many interesting games on the list :)

Snarky

(This note refers to a now-deleted post.)

How to treat remakes/deluxe versions is a difficult question, and I can see both sides of the issue there. Might be worth having a debate about for next year's awards. Derailing the thread into direct personal attacks is clearly unacceptable. There will be a moderator discussion. Please leave personal animosities out of this thread. Thanks!

cat

Ceremony Date and Time Poll

Once the votes are counted, we want to award the games Oscars-style. Let's decide on a date and time for the ceremony!

We need a bit of time to update the awards client. So the ceremony will happen on the weekend 23-25 of March.

Please add your preferences for date and time to this doodle poll using your forum name (you can also choose "ifneedsbe" for a time)
https://doodle.com/poll/9rtubmsievcmvqbq
I hope the time zone is shown correctly for you.

And remember, we still need help with the client:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55641.0

cat

There is a strong tendency towards March 24 (Sat) from 20:00 to 23:00 GMT. Unless this changes significantly in the next few days, our ceremony will happen then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk