AGS Awards 2017 - Results!

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2018 09:06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

Quote from: cat on Mon 19/03/2018 19:56:46
... Would be nice if you could dress up your avatars again this year ;)

Hey cat, I searched thru my dresser and found an old outfit from looong ago. Would this be more appropriate than my disco-outfit? 

Snarky

BTW, I'd like to do a beta test of the client this Thursday at 21:00 UTC. Not sure how complete it will be by then, but some testing is better than no testing!

If you have a chance to join in, I'd appreciate it. I'll upload a test build some time Thursday. (At the moment it's a 200+ MB download compressed, and almost 900 MB when expanded.)

cat

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 20/03/2018 19:59:07
Would this be more appropriate than my disco-outfit?
You should wear what you think is best to party!

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 20/03/2018 20:25:40
BTW, I'd like to do a beta test of the client this Thursday at 21:00 UTC.
That's great! I hope a few people will join.

Danvzare

(At the moment it's a 200+ MB download compressed, and almost 900 MB when expanded.)
Oh my. :shocked: Was it that big last year? I could've sworn it was less than a quarter that size.

selmiak

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 21/03/2018 12:39:31
(At the moment it's a 200+ MB download compressed, and almost 900 MB when expanded.)
Oh my. :shocked: Was it that big last year? I could've sworn it was less than a quarter that size.
there might be some awesome animations that eat up lots of space.... ;)

Stupot

Will someone be recoring the event?
I gotsta see it.

Gurok

Yes! Stu, I'll be recording it and uploading it to YouTube shortly after. I heard someone might be streaming it this year too.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Snarky

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 21/03/2018 12:39:31

It was slightly over 500 MB last year. There are a lot of new graphics and music tracks in this version that add significantly to the size. There might be some outdated ones that can be removed to cut down on the size, but there are also still some things left to import, so don't count on it getting any smaller.

CaptainD

Quote from: Gurok on Wed 21/03/2018 14:42:40
Yes! Stu, I'll be recording it and uploading it to YouTube shortly after. I heard someone might be streaming it this year too.

A guy I know on Twitter - GameWalker - is planning to stream it, and I believe SilverSpook is too.

SilverSpook

Yes, I will be livestreaming the AGS Awards from my Youtube channel, as I mentioned on the Neofeud Steam site and Itch devlog. :)

Ponch

Snarky

As a reminder, the beta test takes place at 21:00 GMT tonight (a little bit more than 5 hours from the time of this post). You may download a test build of the Awards client here:

Dropbox
Google Drive

There's a minor bug that means if you log on while no one else is online, and you're not a channel op (moderator), you'll get stuck behind the wings of the stage. So just be aware of that if you play around with the client ahead of time.

One of the main things I want to try out in this build is support for registered nicks. So if you're a regular IRC user, you should be able to use your NICKSERV-registered, password-protected nickname. Unfortunately I haven't had time to implement the UI to actual input your password, so for now you have to test it by manually editing the profile.dat file that the client creates to store your profile data. See instructions:

Spoiler
The profile.dat file is stored in the $APPDATA$ folder (this is probably something like C:/Program Data/Adventure Game Studio 3.4.1/AGS Awards 2018/, or "Application Data" instead of "Program Data", depending on your system).

So to test it:

1. Run the game client once, going into the main hall (in order to create a profile.dat file)
2. Locate the profile.dat file that's been created
3. Open it in a text editor
4. Add a line like "nickpassword=mysecretpw" (where mysecretpw is the password for your nick, which should in turn be stored in an existing line like "nick=mynickname")
5. Save and close the profile.dat file.
5. Run the client again. Choose the existing profile.

You should then be able to log on with that nick. If the nick and password don't match you'll be stuck at the login screen and will have to quit the client.
[close]
Obviously I'll fix it so you don't have to go through this process for the actual ceremony. Which, lest you forget, is this Saturday! 8-0

m0rph84

Cool,
probably I'll try it...see you in 5 hours.

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 22/03/2018 15:57:38
if you're a regular IRC user, you should be able to use your NICKSERV-registered, password-protected nickname.

And if not? Still able to join?

Snarky

Dropbox link seems to have picked up an extra http. Thanks for the catch.

Yeah, if you use a non-registered nick you can simply log on through the client as normal.

Snarky

I might not be (properly) online by 21:00. I've been traveling, and first my flight was an hour delayed and now the train is apparently having issues as well. :-\

selmiak

my avatar enters the venue and then this crash happens

cat

@selmiak: update the profile.dat, as described by Snarky.

@Snarky:

• The textwindow has no scrollbar
  • People joining without the client are not visible at all. In earlier versions they were stuck behind the door I think. Would be nice to read their text when audience is muted.

Cassiebsg

the GUI for the text with the black transparent BG is very annoying and blocks for the action.
Can you remove it or give an option to remove it?

Personally I would rather have the text in the empty space to the left between the top buttons and the lower clapping buttons... (and limited in lenght to not bleed into the stage. But that might just be me ;)

Oh, I also don't have the apostrophe on the client. when ever I press the key nothing happens (except that it "eats" the next key that I press.... so that instead of typing "I'm" it just types "I" . I'm using a danish keyboard.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk