MAGS January "Misunderstood Motives" (RESULT)

Started by MAGS Host, Mon 01/01/2018 23:47:38

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite MAGS game of January?

Fallen Hero by Slasher and Cassie
7 (70%)
Gwen Darkly by Ibispi
0 (0%)
Racist by Jack
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Mon 19/02/2018 06:05:56

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 19/01/2018 07:15:22
My entry (Fallen Hero) is 90% finished with the help from Cassiebsg (nod)

Woo.  Looking forward to this.

Jack

Based on the stuff I want to put in it, I'd say mine is about 50% done. Pretty much all the work is programming, except for a few blender renders.

Mandle

Yay! The bar at Mixed Up Drinks is now officially open as the first shot of vodka has been poured!

Spoiler

[close]

Note to self: Clean up the pixel issues on the hair and facial parts of customers and change the colour of their shirts so they don't all look like escaped inmates from some institution.

Cassiebsg

Damn you Mandle... why you only do horror games? 8-0

jk (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Jack

The thing about action games is, AI. And I'm a bit stuck on this point at the moment.

Slasher

Jack 'stuck', surely  not, vicar (laugh)

Stuck with what?

Ibispi

Sad to see that everyone's progressing better than me. :~(
I've started working on graphics for my game.

(this is the first background)
I'm almost done with writing, my game will mostly consist of dialogues and one big puzzle.
It's gonna have a LOT of text, not sure if it's a good or a bad thing (laugh)
Let's see who makes a better game, Slasher! (∩ Í¡ ° Êâ€"̯ Í¡ °)âŠÆ'-=(â€"â€"â€"â€"- En garde!

Slasher

touché (laugh)

Jack

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 21/01/2018 19:13:41
Jack 'stuck', surely  not, vicar (laugh)

Stuck with what?
It's the AI. They just won't become self-aware. They're have access to over 200,000 words, but all they use is "EXTERMINATE!". Also, they're terrible on rough terrain.

Mandle

Quote from: Jack on Mon 22/01/2018 23:03:28
It's the AI. They just won't become self-aware. They're have access to over 200,000 words, but all they use is "EXTERMINATE!". Also, they're terrible on rough terrain.

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Mandle

The bar now has a soda gun that can add cola (and other sodas soonish) to drinks:
Spoiler

[close]

Slasher

Come on Mandle............. I want to get sloshed, paralytic, legless, as a judge!  (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Thu 25/01/2018 10:22:29
Come on Mandle............. I want to get sloshed, paralytic, legless, as a judge!  (laugh)

Well... I did a bit of coding tonight that sets up a lot of the gameplay so I may be able to get the game done in time...

We shall see...

(Also: you play the bartender in the game so you get other people drunk, not yourself... ALthough that actually gives me an idea that could be fun if time allows...)

Slasher

When your prime motives are misunderstood.
Game is being tested.

Story Line:
Larry 'Fingers' Brown is living in a squalid room and is down on his luck. Suddenly, whilst reading the days newspaper he sees that a Celebrity Diamond ring worth 2 million pounds is being auctioned and is being hosted at a local jewelers... He can't believe his luck and gathers his burglary tools and sets off to steal it not knowing what fate lays ahead.....

My thanks to Cassiebsg for her wonderful Backgrounds and animations...

Screenshots

Specs:
640 X 360
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

Jack

Wow, a release already. That's one for sure, then.

I got over the AI hump. I got the algorithm I spent all the time on to work, and then I just went with a super simplistic solution that works much better.

The game is technically playable now, it's just a matter of how much stuff I have planned that I can put in it.

Slasher

Quote from: Jack on Fri 26/01/2018 18:29:30
Wow, a release already. That's one for sure, then.

I got over the AI hump. I got the algorithm I spent all the time on to work, and then I just went with a super simplistic solution that works much better.

The game is technically playable now, it's just a matter of how much stuff I have planned that I can put in it.
Sometimes simple is best (nod) Tell me about it (laugh)

Ibispi

Congrats on finishing your game already, Slasher.
I don't know if I'll manage to finish mine on time.
Here's one of the backgrounds I drew for my game:

Right now I'm in the process of drawing sprites & adding animations to my game

EDIT: Sorry Slasher (and others), I can't finish the game on time. It was my own mistake to choose to do this during an exam period. It's exhausting to do the exams & MAGS at the same time.

Slasher

Yes, that is a shame Ibispi..

Oh, well. Still three of us may make it, hopefully...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk