The Loremen Podcast (I made a folklore podcast)

Started by Ali, Thu 04/01/2018 13:51:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

I hope you don't mind a bit of shameless self promotion?

I recently started a podcast with another comedian, which I thought might appeal to other AGSers. It's called Loremen, and it's a funny podcast about "forgotten folklore and local legends". Basically, looking at weird stories that are very famous in one small place, and totally unheard of elsewhere. If you're interested, please give it a listen. There's a short teaser trailer, and we just uploaded the 3rd episode. As always, feedback is very welcome!

All the best - Alasdair.

CaptainD

Interesting concept!  I hope to be able to give it a listen soon.

Blondbraid

Sounds absolutely fascinating, I'll try it when I find the time!
EDIT: I've just listened to the podcasts, and they're pretty great, keep up the good work! (nod)

Mandle

You had me at "folklore"...

Listening next chance I get!

Grundislav

I greatly enjoy this podcast, and can say, with some measure of authority, that Ol' Greenpants would approve as well.

Ali

Quote from: Grundislav on Thu 25/01/2018 00:10:22
I greatly enjoy this podcast, and can say, with some measure of authority, that Ol' Greenpants would approve as well.

Now THAT is an endorsement! (Albeit, one I'll have a hard time explaining to James.)

Grundislav

Who says everything needs an explanation?

Ali

Damn right. So far I've introduced him to a Bluecap and a Redcap, why not ol'Greenpants?

Sidenote: We have two more episodes out. The latest one features both idiots and Nazis.

selmiak

Loremen ipsum, dolor sit amet.

Blondbraid

The latest episodes were great, I hope someone here tries to do an adventure game about one of those legends!

Also, do you only do folklore from the Brittish isles in your podcast, or from other places as well?
I'd love to hear what you think about Storsjöodjuret!

Snarky

I've listened to quite a few episodes, and it's good stuff! My favorite so far is the one about the Pelton Brag and the various goings-on at Long Compton, which had me breaking into weird laughter on public transportation: most uncouth!

Though I'm compelled to point out (even though you probably know it already), that spectral horse-creatures are often thought to be able to take the form of a naked man (e.g. the kelpie or Neck/nixie/Nøkk/Näck/etc.), so that part of the story makes a certain amount of sense. The decapitated version is new to me, though.

Ali

Thanks for listening! We have another episode coming out tomorrow, containing my current favourite story so far: The Wilnecker Paradox.

Snarky: I have long been a fan of Kelpies, but I either didn't know or had forgotten that they could take human form. Thanks for the tip.

Blondbraid: We are planning to get some international comedians to tell us some non-British stories. How famous is Storsjöodjuret in Sweden? Is she Loch Ness Monster level, or more obscure? Because we like obscure!

Grundislav

Quote from: Ali on Wed 31/01/2018 22:58:53
We are planning to get some international comedians to tell us some non-British stories. How famous is Storsjöodjuret in Sweden? Is she Loch Ness Monster level, or more obscure? Because we like obscure!

Do you accept international game devs? Because I could tell you some weird stories about Florida, and not just the Skunk Ape!

Andail

I'd say Storsjöodjuret is widely known in Sweden. It's certainly not an obscure, local thing...

Cool concept, will check it out right away!

Snarky

I listened to the last episode this week, and between creepy kids with birds in their head  and worms hungering for milky treasure, I gotta say you saved the best for last! Brilliant, both of them!

Incidentally, I can vouch for the undeniable famousness of the Lambton Worm, in that it's the first of these legends I've actually heard before. I would have given you full marks! (I also got weirdly caught up in the "correct" application of the totally arbitrary rating system.)

And thanks for finally confirming that Loremen is a pun, for us rhotic speakers!

Enthusiastically looking forward to season two!

Ali

Quote from: Grundislav on Thu 01/02/2018 01:37:28Do you accept international game devs? Because I could tell you some weird stories about Florida, and not just the Skunk Ape!

Apologies for resurrecting this ancient thread. But... it happened. We finally got AGS's own Grundislav on the podcast:

http://www.loremenpodcast.com/episode-18-s3

Learn the "truth" that inspired Ben Jordan's first adventure. And be creeped out by Robert the Doll.

Privateer Puddin'

Blondbraid

Stupot

Wait season three? I had kept up to date with the first two seasons but it seems somewhere along the line I have unsubscribed.

Will resubscribe and listen today :-)

LimpingFish

Really enjoyed this latest episode. Quality stuff! ;-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk