AGS Awards votes close at 13:59 BST on Wednesday 07 March 2018. You've already voted, so you've got 14 days and 19 hours left to wait before voting closes!

Author Topic: MAGGIES 2017 (VOTING OPEN)  (Read 1334 times)

Riaise

• I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • Riaise worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: MAGGIES 2017 (VOTING OPEN)
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jan 2018, 14:41 »
Hmm, sounds interesting. I'm curious to hear about it, too, after the winner has been announced.

« Reply #21 on: 31 Jan 2018, 21:07 »
It's a bit of a bummer that you can only vote for the winners, considering that some months had multiple strong entries and other months were won by default. There's certainly one or maybe even two non-winning MAGS games that would go in my top 3 this year.
I did play through a few of the Maggies games that sadly weren't candidates for voting but my thought was that you could nominate any of those for the AGS Awards?

I did very much enjoy playing through the 11 + games to experience so many different ideas & variation! It was a difficult choice to pick out just 3 games but after a lot of thought I finally narrowed it down to 4 & after that there was the dilemma of which game not to include & what order to put the 'winners' in! :(   
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2018, 21:10 by Ciara »

Riaise

•  
    •  
    • Riaise worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #22 on: 01 Feb 2018, 13:47 »
It's a bit of a bummer that you can only vote for the winners, considering that some months had multiple strong entries and other months were won by default. There's certainly one or maybe even two non-winning MAGS games that would go in my top 3 this year.
I did play through a few of the Maggies games that sadly weren't candidates for voting but my thought was that you could nominate any of those for the AGS Awards?

Exactly, most MAGS games would be great candidates for the Best Short Game category. Blondbraid had a MAGS game nominated for Best Writing last year, despite it not having won in its month, which was a great achievement. :)

« Reply #23 on: 10 Feb 2018, 12:55 »
Submitted my votes.

And just to be clear, I was't really advocating for a change in the voting system and as people have pointed out, it's probably best to keep this as simple and clear as posssible. Many MAGS games also found their place in my Awards nomimations lists, so I'd say it was a pretty good year for MAGS.

Stupot

•  
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #24 on: 12 Feb 2018, 00:09 »
Keep the votes coming, folks. Ten days left.
We could really do with a few more.
There are plenty of people who still haven’t voted.

cat

• Local Moderator
  • AGS Baker
  • Learn to how write cat in Japanese!
    • cat worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
      cat worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #25 on: 12 Feb 2018, 12:59 »
Voted! It was a very tough decision - so many great games!

MAGS Host

• (Stupot)
« Reply #26 on: 18 Feb 2018, 04:20 »
The deadline for voting is now fixed at 23:59 GMT on February 21st which gives you just under four days left to vote.

Thanks to those who have done so thus far. We’ve already had more people voting than last year, but a few more would be great.

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #27 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:14 »
I just voted. Wow, tough choices. I had to leave out 2-3 games that I loved but I think I got my favorites in the right order in the end.

Privateer Puddin'

• Mittens Knight
  • bob
« Reply #28 on: 18 Feb 2018, 15:37 »
Good job to all the contenders! I had a fun evening playing through 'em.