MAGGIES 2017 (RESULTS)

Started by MAGS Host, Tue 09/01/2018 02:22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Riaise

Hmm, sounds interesting. I'm curious to hear about it, too, after the winner has been announced.

Ciara

Quote from: Hobo on Tue 09/01/2018 13:52:29
It's a bit of a bummer that you can only vote for the winners, considering that some months had multiple strong entries and other months were won by default. There's certainly one or maybe even two non-winning MAGS games that would go in my top 3 this year.
I did play through a few of the Maggies games that sadly weren't candidates for voting but my thought was that you could nominate any of those for the AGS Awards?

I did very much enjoy playing through the 11 + games to experience so many different ideas & variation! It was a difficult choice to pick out just 3 games but after a lot of thought I finally narrowed it down to 4 & after that there was the dilemma of which game not to include & what order to put the 'winners' in! :(   

Riaise

Quote from: Ciara on Wed 31/01/2018 21:07:11
Quote from: Hobo on Tue 09/01/2018 13:52:29
It's a bit of a bummer that you can only vote for the winners, considering that some months had multiple strong entries and other months were won by default. There's certainly one or maybe even two non-winning MAGS games that would go in my top 3 this year.
I did play through a few of the Maggies games that sadly weren't candidates for voting but my thought was that you could nominate any of those for the AGS Awards?

Exactly, most MAGS games would be great candidates for the Best Short Game category. Blondbraid had a MAGS game nominated for Best Writing last year, despite it not having won in its month, which was a great achievement. :)

Hobo

Submitted my votes.

And just to be clear, I was't really advocating for a change in the voting system and as people have pointed out, it's probably best to keep this as simple and clear as posssible. Many MAGS games also found their place in my Awards nomimations lists, so I'd say it was a pretty good year for MAGS.

Stupot

Keep the votes coming, folks. Ten days left.
We could really do with a few more.
There are plenty of people who still haven't voted.

cat

Voted! It was a very tough decision - so many great games!

MAGS Host

The deadline for voting is now fixed at 23:59 GMT on February 21st which gives you just under four days left to vote.

Thanks to those who have done so thus far. We've already had more people voting than last year, but a few more would be great.

Mandle

I just voted. Wow, tough choices. I had to leave out 2-3 games that I loved but I think I got my favorites in the right order in the end.

Privateer Puddin'

Good job to all the contenders! I had a fun evening playing through 'em.

Stupot

MAGS Host

Voting is over! The points will be counted and the winner announced as part of the AGS Awards ceremony in March. Early indications show that it's pretty close at the top.

Thanks to those of you who took the time to choose your favorites. And a special thanks again to everyone who made a game and to those who voted in MAGS contests in 2017.

Not everyone has the time to make or play MAGS games each month. But we can still keep the contest thriving by posting in the thread, egging each other on, offering help with art/voices/testing/etc.

See you at the ceremony.

MAGS Host

MAGGIES 2017 is over and the winner is:

Black Morph
by Selmiak, Elmont and Creamy

And the runners up:

2nd The Robolovers by Brane and Tycho
3rd Moonlight Moggy by Pilchard

Well done to all of you and to everyone who took part.
Thanks for all the entries and votes and thanks to Mandle for announcing the winner.

Couple of facts and figures:
* The top two were VERY CLOSE. Only two points separated them. If we were counting just by first choice or even first and second choice, it would have been a tie. But Black Morph had two more votes in people's third choice slot. So special mention to Robolovers for being super close.
* Those top three accounted for over half of the total votes. Mind-blowing.

CaptainD

Riaise

Congratulations, everyone! :-D

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Well done Black Morph and Moonlight Moggy .. Superb work folks.
And hard luck to all the others.

Also thank you all for the votes, the Awards was fun this year for sure.

and on that note well done to everyone involved with making the awards happen this year, top job.

selmiak

YAY! Thanks for all your votes!
And thanks to Creamy and Emont for doing this with me and not killing me throughout the MAGS craze :D

Congrats to all the runner ups, must have been really close and all other games were great and would have deserved to win... but there can only be one game winning :D
Where is that huge trophy now? 8-) :-D

Cassiebsg

Unless it can't, and you end up in a threesome... (laugh) (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Creamy

Thank you, kind voters.

Kudos to Selmiak and Emont, whose ideas, art and music helped me get through the late hours.

And thank you Stupot for running the MAGS competition month after month.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk