AGS : Can we lock Cursor State?

Started by StarEcho, Thu 11/01/2018 13:15:49

Previous topic - Next topic

StarEcho

Hi,
I wanted to ask whether or not can we lock the cursor state in AGS?
Clarification: How can we have a little custom pointer show for the Start Menu(Room 1)in AGS . After that (After_RoomFadeOut) it shows the normal AGS pointers for examine,etc.
Example/Reference Game : DustBowl (made on AGS)
Thank You,
StarEcho

Khris

One way is to enable your custom cursor mode and disable all others.

StarEcho

Thankx for the information!
Can you please do a Analysis of DustBowl?
Clarification: The Different systems/AGS Concepts DustBowl uses.

Thankx once again!

Khris

If you have a specific question, I'll happily provide links to existing forum topics or answer it.

StarEcho

I am very sorry for asking an inappropriate question.
one last question
How to set a custom image for the existing cursors/or how to make a custom cursor?

Khris

StarEcho: Don't be afraid to ask questions, just make sure to take a deep long look at the manual beforehand.

Newbies tend to ask questions that have been asked and answered dozens of times before. However it can admittedly be hard to find exactly what you're looking for, in both the manual and the forum search, especially when you aren't familiar with the engine.

Therefore the best way to proceed is not to try and create a Dustbowl-clone straightaway but to start with a basic game that uses the basic mechanisms already provided by AGS. Once you have acquired most of the basic building blocks, putting them together in a slightly "non-AGS" way will become much easier.

It will take more time, but the upside is you won't get one-liners as replies that consist of a link to the manual ;)

StarEcho

Whenever i make an alpha channel 17x25 cursor sprite and import it(made via GraphicsGale) i set the cursor image but in game it does not appear transparent.
The cursor has a white bow around it.Any way to fix?
Thankx

Snarky

Matti

Make sure to set the correct transparency when importing sprites ("leave as-is" should do it).

Khris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk