Game cursor, in LW Bass style interface, will not move. [SOLVED]

Started by masterguyperson, Sun 14/01/2018 22:31:58

Previous topic - Next topic

masterguyperson

Hi there, I'm pretty darn new to AGS and I'm really excited to get started in it - currently making my way through the learning curve, and I'd like to create a point and click style of game. As stated in the title, the problem I am having is that while building in the LW Bass interface, when I do a test run of what I have built - the game boots up and the game cursor loads in a second later (can also still see my actual PC mouse cursor over the game)but I just cannot get the game's cursor to move. I've looked for an answer as to what may be the possible contributor, but have come up empty handed. And help would be much appreciated! :)

EDIT: found out that it was just Comodo blocking the game when I booted it up. :)

Cassiebsg

Try closing the game and restart it, occasionally the mouse cursor isn't updated/initialized correctly.
If this doesn't help, then we need more info: Like what is your system, OS, mouse, did change anything in the script or in winsetup, etc...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

masterguyperson

I have tried restarting the game and the editor multiple times and still nothing. I'm on Windows 10, I have a cyberpower gaming mouse with all of the proper drivers and whatnot, and I just have a single test event written in the script page -

// room script file

function hchair_Look()
{
  Display("It's a red chair.");
}
And I am not sure if anything changed in the winsetup? I just ran the game from the editor with the run function.

Thanks!

Khris

First, try running the game outside the editor. Press F7 to create the files, then open the Compiled/Windows folder in your game's folder and run it from there.
You should also check your AntiVirus; Avast is known to interfere with AGS executables.

masterguyperson

Quote from: Khris on Mon 15/01/2018 00:32:33
First, try running the game outside the editor. Press F7 to create the files, then open the Compiled/Windows folder in your game's folder and run it from there.
You should also check your AntiVirus; Avast is known to interfere with AGS executables.
Thanks bud, I just figured out that it was in fact my anti virus, I'm using Comodo. Now I need to get back to jumping over this learning curve, haha!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk