I'M the boss!

Started by Mouth for war, Mon 15/01/2018 23:05:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

So, I've been working as an ice cream salesman for less than 2 years (Never worked in sales before in my life actually but I've been working with people a lot) Anyway, I have really worked hard and done everything I can to do a good job and always have happy customers and I think I can honestly say that I probably have 99% happy, the 1% are the ones who fail to read fine prints on coupons etc and blame me for that :D suddenly my boss told me he was quitting and actually told his boss, who just took over the company that I should replace him. I sent him a letter and he was immediately interested. Had an interview last thursday and boom...here I am now...the boss haha :D Never thought that was  even possible in that short time but I must say that it feels really great that my boss has that much confidence in me. It also feels a little scary of course to have that responsibility but I felt I just had to go for it. An opportunity like that doesn't happen very often. Nice way to start 2018! Thank you for your time my friends!

:D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Click'd

Is ice cream a whole-year business where you are? Here, it isn't.

Mouth for war

more or less, even if the weather often says otherwise haha. But we close down for 3-4 weeks in the winter and then it's back to business.

Mandle

Congratz!!!

Now, no getting greedy and skimming the profits products.

You'd end up looking like this guy:

Mouth for war

Thank you!! :) Haha one major benefit is the free ice cream...there's a fridge for the staff in the office and we can just take how much we want from there. I have been careful though so that I will NOT look like that gentleman above haha. I think I really nailed the interview when I presented ideas for changes to the big boss, the same ideas he had also thought of so it turns out we have the same way of thinking. The interview lasted for 3 hours!!! it should've been 1,5 but we had so much to talk about so :D Even my boss (The one I will replace) said "Holy crap, we didnt talk that long when you hired me" That big boss was actually boss in that office a few years ago but then walked away from it and is now back in action. He told him "Yeah that's how it is when you talk to someone interesting" and I filled in with "You know, it doesn't take long when you talk to a golf ball" Good thing we have humor there haha. I also told him some time ago that it's every employees dream to back over his boss" he kindly told me to get the F out and just keep bringing the money in haha :D

dayowlron

Wouldn't happen to be for Blue Bell would it? only reason I ask is the free ice cream because their slogan is "we eat all we can and sell the rest". lol
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Stupot

Nice one dude. Does this mean you have to work on sundaes?

Mouth for war

No it's called "Hemglass" (Sweden) roughly translated "Home Ice cream" (We drive around, annoy the hell out of everyone with those amazing melodies haha) Thanks Stupot and that was a terrible joke (That's positive, I like it :D ) I much rather work on sundaes than on saturdays that's for sure :D

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 15/01/2018 23:17:20
Congratz!!!

Now, no getting greedy and skimming the profits products.

You'd end up looking like this guy:

Nah I think he'd more likely end up looking like this:

(HA!  And you thought Stupot's joke was bad!! :grin::grin::grin:)

TheFrighter

Hey, it's a good idea for a MAGS: Interviews for the new boss! (laugh) Just kidding.

MiteWiseacreLives!

A late 'Congrats' from another in the illustrious world of food sales management  :-D

Mouth for war

Haha thanks a lot! Getting kind of nervous now when I'm about to begin :D

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sun 21/01/2018 00:56:56
Haha thanks a lot! Getting kind of nervous now when I'm about to begin :D

If you weren't nervous you would do a shit job.

arj0n

;-D So your customers now end up at the ice cream car like...

Gratz with your new function!

Ryan Timothy B

Follow your dream. I also recently followed mine by quitting my job last weekend and going to college for programming. I was in a team leader position of a forging department. Actually shortly before I gave my notice, they had an open position for assistant manager of forging. I didn't even apply for it. I didn't want it to pull me away from the direction I was aiming. Also I would have no idea what to say in a 3 hour interview, so that's pretty impressive.

Mouth for war

Haha I will actually still be out on the roads selling but not like before and during the busy season I will be a desk jockey 100% more or less. And @Ryan
I wouldn't actually consider this a dream I think. It's not super easy to get a job today but my boss believed in me and I repayed that by working hard and being 100% loyal, so being offered the boss position beats "just" being a foot soldier :D Yeah 3 hours just flew by and I was kind of shocked when I saw the time when I came out of there haha.

Mouth for war

Uffff... I don't think I've ever welcomed a friday more than today! I will take over from march 1 and from the end of january my boss has been teaching me everything I'll need to know and I've been out on the roads selling as well....damn 12 hour days all week plus conducting job interviews. Can't wait for some peace and calm :D

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Fri 09/02/2018 21:03:16
Can't wait for some peace and calm :D

Never gonna happen.

Sorry boss.

Mouth for war

Hahaha you SOB. :-D at least i won't work the weekends :-D

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sat 10/02/2018 13:52:29
at least i won't work the weekends :-D

Oh, just you wait...

You will, and you won't get paid for it, but you will...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk