Error Running Mac Version In Wineskin

Started by SilverSpook, Thu 18/01/2018 10:21:00

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

So I have someone running a version of Neofeud for Mac wrapped in Wineskin and they've been getting this error:

"I'm running on a 2011 MacBook Pro with High Sierra, with AMD 6750M graphics. The error pops up right when I attempt to start the game.

I tried changing video driver & resolution in the winsetup.exe program included. In Wineskin settings, too, tried forcing the use of XQuartz or Mac driver. Always get the same error. After the one I took a screenshot of, there's another window with more information:"

The game worked for a few other folks with Mac. Not exactly sure what is causing this error on this guy's comp. Any ideas?

nosehair

As far as I know the High Sierra update broke a lot of Wineskin wrappers. The most common fix I have seen is to:

• Open wineskin settings
  • Choose "set screen options"
  • Uncheck "autodetect GPU"
  • Choose "Done" to close screen options
  • Under "Tools" tab, "Utilities" section, open winetricks
  • Search for "videomemorysize"
  • Select a videomemorysize option from the list that corresponds to the VRAM of your video card
  • Choose "Run"
  • Choose "Done"

shawnyadav

Hey guys as of today I happen to update my Win 10 PC and now as I will open AGS it will stop responding and crash itself. Any help?

Snarky

I'm running Windows 10 inside a VirtualBox VM on MacOS High Sierra (v10.13.4). This has been working very well until recently, except that I couldn't run games in OpenGL, but after I updated VirtualBox to the latest version (5.2.10) the other day, AGS games regularly freeze my whole virtual machine. :-X

If the issue is not resolved soon I'll have to try downgrading VBox to an older version.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: shawnyadav on Sat 21/04/2018 13:42:53
Hey guys as of today I happen to update my Win 10 PC and now as I will open AGS it will stop responding and crash itself. Any help?

Just to clarify, are you talking about running AGS Editor, or AGS games on the actual Windows computer, or running them in Wineskin on Mac? Because originally this thread was about problems running AGS game on Mac.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk