Adventure - Welcome to the genre

Started by Wiggy, Thu 25/01/2018 11:30:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiggy

Awesome game, and a credit to the series! I've played this all day and (I think) tried everything with everything and possessed everything I could (in all senses of the word possessed), but I'm stumped on
Spoiler
fixing R. Kyvist's gramophone. I guess it needs the crank from the jack-in-the-box, but how to prise it off?
[close]

I also have the
Spoiler
pig that looks too new to give to the archeologist, hopefully in exchange for the light to access the cave
[close]
. I love the non-linear gameplay, it's all-round a good production with puzzles ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous, and I say "You got me here, I'can't proceed." Please don't let it be a MacGyver moment where you combine a twig with chewing gum under the moonlight, spin around 3 times and make a helicopter, Pleeaase!!

arj0n

Quote from: Wiggy on Thu 25/01/2018 11:30:46
...but I'm stumped on
Spoiler
fixing R. Kyvist's gramophone. I guess it needs the crank from the jack-in-the-box, but how to prise it off?
[close]

hint 1:
Spoiler
your can't get the crank removed from the box by yourself
[close]
hint 2:
Spoiler
your solution lies behind that huge critter
[close]
hint 3:
Spoiler
that huge critter might be hungry
[close]
Solution:
Spoiler
use the fruit on the huge critter
[close]

peter

I do not see what I have to do with the pillar with symbols and pillar with pins in the maze garden??
Which and how many pins should I press.
Please give the answer

Thx

arj0n

@Peter:

Spoiler

walk as far south as you can from the first pillar, then stand behind the hedge on the left until you can only see half of the numerals on the pillar.
If you use the Look cursor on it from this angle, Thalia should be able to figure out what the numerals are.
[close]

Akril15

Thanks for providing those hints, arj0n. :)

Wiggy

Thanks Arj0n, but alas I am not wiser, nor have I got the part I require.

Spoiler
I got rid of the critter early using the fruit, I replayed the game from start even, but how do I get the crank from the jack-in-the-box? The critter had no interest in that device. (Oh, I solved the pig dilemma BTW)
[close]

Akril15

Quote from: Wiggy on Fri 26/01/2018 11:29:29
Thanks Arj0n, but alas I am not wiser, nor have I got the part I require.

Spoiler
I got rid of the critter early using the fruit, I replayed the game from start even, but how do I get the crank from the jack-in-the-box? The critter had no interest in that device. (Oh, I solved the pig dilemma BTW)
[close]

You won't be able to liberate the crank until
Spoiler
you've gotten further into the cave. Have you found a way of lighting your way?
[close]

Spoiler
If not, you need to make a torch.
[close]

Spoiler
There's a branch in the woods to the far west.
[close]

Spoiler
Dip the branch in the tar pit to make a complete unlit torch. Now you just need to find a way to set it on fire.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you encountered anything (or anyone) capable of producing fire?
[close]

Spoiler
Have you met the Administrator yet? If not, you should get a call telling you about the Administrator the second time you try leaving the Mega-Game.
[close]

Spoiler
Use the torch on the blank space in the Admin's room. Now you can go deeper inside the cave.
[close]

peter

Quote from: arj0n on Fri 26/01/2018 01:22:31
@Peter:

Spoiler

walk as far south as you can from the first pillar, then stand behind the hedge on the left until you can only see half of the numerals on the pillar.
If you use the Look cursor on it from this angle, Thalia should be able to figure out what the numerals are.
[close]

Thx

Wiggy

Thanks Akril15.
Spoiler
I forgot the administrator was a dragon! I even tried to ignite the torch in the power socket in Vertex! Dumbass me.
[close]
Anyway, finished the game now. Some of those later puzzles were diabolically brilliant, congrats on a great game. (oh I found 1 little cursor bug, I'll try to replicate it and send you a pm)

Akril15

Quote from: Wiggy on Sat 27/01/2018 18:18:21
Thanks Akril15.
Spoiler
I forgot the administrator was a dragon! I even tried to ignite the torch in the power socket in Vertex! Dumbass me.
[close]
Anyway, finished the game now. Some of those later puzzles were diabolically brilliant, congrats on a great game. (oh I found 1 little cursor bug, I'll try to replicate it and send you a pm)
Congrats (and thanks in advance)!

HanaIndiana

Wow, how have I missed these. I'm definitely checking this out (and the others in the Adventure series). :)

Mandle

Quote from: arj0n on Fri 26/01/2018 01:22:31
@Peter:

Spoiler

[close]

I had no idea that this was part of the solution for this puzzle.

I was already familiar with the:

Spoiler
reflected numbers
[close]

style of puzzle so recognized it straight away and inputted the right numbers in the panel.

Thalia told me she had no idea how she had solved the puzzle but the game accepted it anyway.

I will have to go back and try this intended solution.

But thank you Akril15 for allowing the player to also figure it out without it.

Mandle

Spoiler
I forgot the administrator was a dragon!
[close]

That was one of the parts of the game that made me feel like a genius!

I tried it on the spur of the moment, just in case, not expecting it to work, and then it did!

Pure magical feeling!

Akril15

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 30/01/2018 17:38:57
Spoiler
I forgot the administrator was a dragon!
[close]

That was one of the parts of the game that made me feel like a genius!

I tried it on the spur of the moment, just in case, not expecting it to work, and then it did!

Pure magical feeling!
Cool! That part of the game stumped most of the testers, so congrats on figuring it out. :)

BunnyShoggoth

That game was a trip and a half, an awesome conclusion to an awesome saga! Some if the puzzles were really tricky and ingenious, especially the ones relying on "in-game" mechanics, like
Spoiler
the code on the pillar in the 3D maze, the zoom-in and zoom-out in the garden to get the lazy CGMS agent to transport you, and the non-verbal dialogues in Suzy-Ann's console game.
[close]
What I'm really stumped on is
Spoiler
finding that Easter Egg with the questions.
[close]

Akril15

Quote from: BunnyShoggoth on Sat 03/02/2018 01:24:07
That game was a trip and a half, an awesome conclusion to an awesome saga! Some if the puzzles were really tricky and ingenious, especially the ones relying on "in-game" mechanics, like
Spoiler
the code on the pillar in the 3D maze, the zoom-in and zoom-out in the garden to get the lazy CGMS agent to transport you, and the non-verbal dialogues in Suzy-Ann's console game.
[close]
What I'm really stumped on is
Spoiler
finding that Easter Egg with the questions.
[close]
Thank you very much!

Regarding the
Spoiler
Easter Egg, I'm assuming you saw my "out of this world" hint in the game announcement thread.
[close]
If you want another hint...
Spoiler
When you first arrive in a strange place, it's always good to have someone to talk to.
[close]
One more hint...
Spoiler
Minus green.
[close]

splat44

Hi I am stuck
Spoiler
1) lense used to locate item where rat dropped (put back to hand of fate room in exchange for device that transform as jennifer)
2) record and use crank to listen to some tune
3) mirror
4) used pic with archaeologist: was this suppose to give me sometime?

Questions:
I know I need giving something to plant for white medalion - torin passge but what?
About mindsweep thing given by jeff - VR room, where can use it? I tried using on bird where I met malcom but it too far?
Where best place to transform into Jennifer?
[close]

Akril15

Spoiler
[close]
Hint:
Spoiler
Have you looked at the items near the archeologist and found anything that might help you solve a little mystery you might have encountered?
[close]

Spoiler
I know I need giving something to plant for white medalion - torin passge but what?
[close]
Hint:
Spoiler
Have you talked with the plant to learn exactly what it wants in exchange for the medallion?
[close]

Spoiler
About mindsweep thing given by jeff - VR room, where can use it? I tried using on bird where I met malcom but it too far?
[close]
Hints:
Spoiler
You need something to lure the bird closer, and that requires helping another animal.
[close]
Spoiler
Have you noticed any creature in the kids' room that looks out of place?
[close]
Spoiler
Look at the creature sitting next to the stream. Have you met anyone who might be able to help you figure out what it is?
[close]
Spoiler
Go to the archeologist and examine the books beside her.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Hints:
Spoiler
Remember how Rusty said that Jeff would probably be somewhere where he feels "at home?"
[close]
Spoiler
Look at Jeff's profile. What room in the Mega-Game would match up with his interests the most?
[close]
Spoiler
Go to the north cliff overlooking the ocean. Be sure to find a place to hide.
[close]

splat44

Ok but just questions:

Spoiler
about book, does any kind animal archealolist show me are seen in game and regardless which ones?
I might have encountered a bug: after getting recorder after she leave and try getting book again, game doesn't get further or get too long to process.!
I hope kid room will show after getting the right animal?

Used recorder on gamaphone
I already asked plant medalion and I presume it that thing malcom have thrown away

Transforming in to jennifer:
I presume when you said "North cliff" is the one left of archealolist?
There no obvious place to hide except slightly behind border but it's hard pointing that device on exact spot
If that room isn't right one then which one?
[close]

Quote from: Akril15 on Tue 06/02/2018 04:55:01
Spoiler
[close]
Hint:
Spoiler
Have you looked at the items near the archeologist and found anything that might help you solve a little mystery you might have encountered?
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Hint:
Spoiler
Have you talked with the plant to learn exactly what it wants in exchange for the medallion?
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Hints:
Spoiler
You need something to lure the bird closer, and that requires helping another animal.
[close]
Spoiler
Have you noticed any creature in the kids' room that looks out of place?
[close]
Spoiler
Look at the creature sitting next to the stream. Have you met anyone who might be able to help you figure out what it is?
[close]
Spoiler
Go to the archeologist and examine the books beside her.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Hints:
Spoiler
Remember how Rusty said that Jeff would probably be somewhere where he feels "at home?"
[close]
Spoiler
Look at Jeff's profile. What room in the Mega-Game would match up with his interests the most?
[close]
Spoiler
Go to the north cliff overlooking the ocean. Be sure to find a place to hide.
[close]

Akril15

Spoiler
about book, does any kind animal archealolist show me is correct one?
If not then which one?
[close]
Answer:
Spoiler
The archeologist should be able to help you identify the strange animal in the kids' room. If you try interacting with the book again and Thalia doesn't do it, you've got the right animal.
[close]

Spoiler
I might have encountered a bug: after getting recorder after she leave and try getting book again, game doesn't get further or get too long to process.!
[close]
Answer:
Spoiler
I'm having trouble understanding your problem. Are you saying that the game gets stuck? I tried replicating the problem and I couldn't get it to happen, unfortunately -- Thalia just walks to the books and says she's had enough identifying mammals for one day.
[close]

Spoiler
I already asked plant medalion and I presume it that thing malcom have thrown away
[close]
Answer:
Spoiler
That's not what the plant is looking for. The plant should have told you that it wants something that is the same shape as its medallion (round and flat), and it wants it to be a color that stands out from the other colors in the room it's in.
[close]

Spoiler
Transforming in to jennifer:
I presume when you said "North cliff" is the one left of archealolist?
There no obvious place to hide except slightly behind border but it's hard pointing that device on exact spot
If that room isn't right one then which one?
[close]
Answer:
Spoiler
That is the right room. Hide behind the rock pillar on the left by using the Hand icon on it.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk