Advice on theme for a music book cover

Started by Nikolas, Tue 06/02/2018 07:28:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

Hello!

I need your help and your brainstorming powers! I hope you can help...

I have a big project (as a music publisher) which involves 13 composers, graded (in terms of difficulty) works for solo piano, comes in 5 volumes (each one for a different difficulty level) and is titled "Mosaic".

That said, I'm completely out of ideas for the cover. I had this idea of a poster of the insides of a piano, with creatures working on the strings, and cut into 6 parts to involve the 5 covers, plus some empty space, but none of the composers like it.

The problem with this cover is that it's too descriptive (otherwise it's wonderful). In the volumes we have works about traffic jams, keys, lullabies, etc, none of which involve little humanoid creatures. Plus the older kids (top, left side) might be turned off by the aesthetics.

So, do you have any ideas about the covers? 5 covers in total, to be somehow connected (doesn't have to make up a bigger picture, like a puzzle of sorts, but it was a nice idea) and overall rather abstract, as it's beginning to look that it's the best idea.

Help?

Cassiebsg

Uhm...

Can you provide the image without all the figures? And maybe tone it down (more sepia) a bit? ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

I agree with Cassiebsg that the figures on the cover just makes it too busy, and they don't see very related to each other or the background image with the piano.
It looks like someone stuck a bunch of cartoon clip art to a photo of a piano. :-\

Nikolas

Hi to both,

Thanks for your input. For some reason this title has been tricky to work with, but we've managed in the end with a more generic image of a piano, treated accordingly!

I'm keeping the above cover with better light and texture for any other project it may come soon...

Cheers guys! ^_^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk