AdventureGamers.com launches their own Patreon campaign

Started by CaptainD, Tue 06/02/2018 08:45:59

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

AdventureGamers.com have been struggling to keep going financially for a while now and have finally taken the plunge to do a crowd fundraiser.  Wanted to highlight it here as they perform a valuable service for the AG community.

Here's the announcement post:
https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/34440

Privateer Puddin'

Pledged! I don't follow it as much as I used to, but it'd be a real shame to see it go.

TheFrighter

This part is important: (for 100$) "We'll enable a Steam widget that allows our readers to buy your game on articles about it as well as your game pages. This will always be done in a non-intrusive way, which clearly provides value to our readers as well. *
* If you prefer a different platform, we can work this out."

_

CaptainD

Quote from: TheFrighther on Tue 06/02/2018 11:43:16

This part is important: (for 100$) "We'll enable a Steam widget that allows our readers to buy your game on articles about it as well as your game pages. This will always be done in a non-intrusive way, which clearly provides value to our readers as well. *
* If you prefer a different platform, we can work this out."

_

That's PER MONTH so something to be thought about very carefully before choosing it!  (There are some other perks linked to this tier as well though.)  It would be interesting to know how much of an impact this has on sales if any of the devs here do try it (well out of my price range unfortunately).

m0ds

Drunken rant, fuck it, I'll give them a dollar.

ps Dave I have just added IMDb title Coptin Disorster A Milyun Stompng Bots (2018 writer director D. Seaman). Hope thats ok? :=

CaptainD

Quote from: MJL on Tue 06/02/2018 20:53:33
ps Dave I have just added IMDb title Coptin Disorster A Milyun Stompng Bots (2018 writer director D. Seaman). Hope thats ok? :=

Thanks - I'll go check you've got the details right! :-D (laugh)  Looks like you've made no mistakes so far.  At least you got the spelling of my name right. (roll)

As for AG - you seem to have more experience with them than I do, and certainly a lot more negative ones.  Anyway it's all good information to have, everyone has to make up their own minds and I think it's pretty clear you've made yours up.  Fair enough.

Jack

Shame, I would have liked to read that rant.

As a nobody, my experience with them is that they have little regard for freeware games. Their freeware reviews are pretty much just an accounting of the parts of the game, like it's being loaded onto a truck. They might as well not do them.

But I'm sure publishers will appreciate being able to pay them directly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk