A small question about AGS 340

Started by Giocherellone, Fri 09/02/2018 09:22:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Giocherellone

Hi folks! :D

Excuse me if this is not the right section where to ask this thing...
In case I authorize those who are competent to move the thread.

I do not know if it is necessary to point this out to you, I hope that this will be useful.

I noticed one thing: unlike previous versions of AGS, if I play a game created with the AGS 340 full screen, and then for whatever reason I had to put it in the icon, when I restore the full screen game, it will ONLY be displayed in window mode!
In addition, outside that window mode, it is impossible for me to use the mouse for other functions: I'm forced to get out of the game!

I was told to set the Winsetup.exe by removing the tick from "Side borders on widescreen monitors.".
In this way everything works well, but I don't know if this can be considered a "bug".

I thank you in advantage.

Have a nice day.

Crimson Wizard

Hello.

Could you tell more details:
1) What version of AGS do you use exactly? You can find the 4-digit version number in the Editor's Help - About dialog.

Quote from: Giocherellone on Fri 09/02/2018 09:22:58
I was told to set the Winsetup.exe by removing the tick from "Side borders on widescreen monitors.".
In this way everything works well, but I don't know if this can be considered a "bug".

The thing is that AGS 3.4.0 does not have an option "Side borders on widescreen monitors" anymore. This is why it's important to double check the version.

2) What is your game's color depth?
3) What graphics driver do you have set in winsetup?
4) What operating system are you running games on?

Cassiebsg

As for the mouse, check in winsetup Advanced >>> Under Mouse options if the "Auto lock to window" is checked (if so, uncheck it).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 09/02/2018 19:35:55
As for the mouse, check in winsetup Advanced >>> Under Mouse options if the "Auto lock to window" is checked (if so, uncheck it).
You should also be able to toggle mouse lock in game by pressing Ctrl+Alt simultaneously.

But this make me realize that I could misunderstand the described problem again.

I noticed one thing: unlike previous versions of AGS, if I play a game created with the AGS 340 full screen, and then for whatever reason I had to put it in the icon, when I restore the full screen game, it will ONLY be displayed in window mode!
In addition, outside that window mode, it is impossible for me to use the mouse for other functions: I'm forced to get out of the game!

Ok, could you elaborate, do you mean that you cannot move the mouse behind window border, or that you can move the mouse but clicks do not go through to your desktop/other windows?

In this way everything works well

Could you elaborate again, by "everything works well" you mean that the problem with mouse does not happen, or that switching in and out fullscreen works properly now?

I am asking these questions, because at first I thought there is something wrong with how window is drawn on screen when you go back to it. But apparently there are two separate unrelated issues here: fullscreen mode that cannot restore properly, and mouse locked in window (if Cassiebsg guessed right).

In the earlier versions of AGS toggling "Side borders on widescreen monitors" option on or off could help AGS to find a compatible display mode on your computer, but then question is why did it create fullscreen mode first but could not return to it later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk