I've got something to say to all you americans!

Started by Mouth for war, Fri 09/02/2018 21:15:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Yeah that's right now you you're really gonna get it! Nah! I actually want to defend you guys a little!
I think America/Americans get too much bad mouthing all over the world and even if I haven't met that many, I have bumped into quite a few here in Sweden when I've been working (and at other various places as well) and if you ask me I will always say that you yankees are the nicest people I've had the pleasure to speak to. Super polite and friendly. Each and every one have made me almost feel like we've been friends for a long time even if we just met. That's all! Have a nice evening :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Mandle

I've found the same mostly and not just with Americans.

I think one big factor is that people who travel outside their own country can break out of the stereotype of their nationality easier than people who've never left home.

Travel broadens people's outlook on the world and helps them to grow beyond what they were.

Mouth for war

I think you're absolutely right! You probably wouldn't move like that if you didn't like to meet new people.
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Blondbraid

I myself was surprised by a few things when I traveled to USA on a vacation a year ago, such as all the paperwork you had to do in order to visit the country. My mother used to ravel a lot in Eastern Europe when she was younger, and she said that she found it harder to visit USA today than the eastern bloc during the 70's when looking at all the forms that had to be filled in.

Another thing that greatly surprised me was all the cowboy mustaches and goatees on the american men, it's pretty rare to see such things in Sweden.

I know it's a cliche, but it was a surprise to see how big everything was, and how large distances there was between things. I guess it gave me a different understanding of why I'd heard about so many Americans complain about gas prices that would be low by Swedish standards and so forth, because there were such large distances between everything that you pretty much had to travel by car to get there, and there were hardly any public transportation outside the cities.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk