Sights you'll probably never forget?

Started by Mouth for war, Tue 13/02/2018 21:53:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

I drive around a lot in my job and that of course enables me too see lots of stuff out on the roads. Just tonight I came down a slope out in the country and on the ground was a large bloody dead cow. Gave me quite a surprise hehe.  I have also seen even worse things, like many years ago. I was the first to appear at a scene with a car accident where you would really need a strong stomach to look inside the cars but I won't go into details here. That is something I will never forget, standing there in the forest in the middle of the night with a dead guy in one car and half dead people in the other car. I have also seen lots of funny stuff of course. Animals doing crazy things and some people you meet...wow is all I can say :D Anyone else who has something to share?
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Jack

Early in the morning, too early for there to be anyone else on the road, a car lying completely motionless on its roof, with no one around.

Probably a drunk driver who ran off to avoid being charged.

Mouth for war

Ah yeah! Unless it was stolen it shouldn't require Sherlock Holmes to locate the owner :D

Jack

But the police can no longer prove they were drunk at the scene.

Mouth for war

True! Not unless they were really fast in finding him/her or someone got the person to a hospital (if needed) and drew some blood!

josiah1221

Here is something that happened last week that was pretty funny to watch!
I was on my way to work, looking into my rearview mirror I noticed a vehicle fast approaching. I was thinking to myself, please don't rear end me! Well, the man and woman were arguing, so I kept looking into my rearview obviously worried because he wasn't paying much attention to the road. They were behind me for the most of 10 miles. Now comes the funny part. As we were traveling they would continue to argue, yelling, fingers pointed, etc. BUT, every time we got stopped at a red light they would immediately stop arguing and go face down looking at their phones. Once the light turned green and we began to travel again, the arguing would ensue! This happened through 7 red lights! I'm assuming they were arguing over something posted or what not, the reason they kept going to their phones at each stop. But it looked like robots shutting down and then reactivating each time, lol!

Mouth for war

Haha that IS funny...people and their damn phones. I wonder how many accidents happened because of them

josiah1221

Quote from: Mouth for war on Wed 14/02/2018 10:08:59
Haha that IS funny...people and their damn phones. I wonder how many accidents happened because of them
I know that here in the US, not sure of other countries, that there are more cell phone related accidents/deaths than drunk driver related.

Mandle

One morning I was going to work before the sun came up in Sydney and was walking in the middle of the city surrounded by glass towers and I saw a fox crossing the road.

I have never, before or after, seen a fox in Australia outside of a zoo, and of all the places to see one.

Another one would be: I was driving to Ayer's Rock from Sydney by myself as a little private adventure when I saw something very strange up ahead on a desert road. I saw a large silver ball floating in the middle of the road. It appeared to be about 2-3 meters high and floating about a meter off the road. It also seemed to be moving in the same direction as my car but slightly slower. I was pretty scared at first but also very curious. I sped up so as to draw closer faster. For a while, yup, it was just a giant silver ball but when I got within about a hundred meters of it I saw the truth: It was the back end of a tanker truck. One of those with the highly mirrored surface. The heat haze over the road had created the illusion that it was a floating ball by hiding the truck's undercarriage and tires. I was pretty disappointed to find out such a simple explanation but I'll never forget what it looked like at first.

Mouth for war

Ahh too bad it wasn't an alien ship :-D

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Thu 15/02/2018 10:49:06
Ahh too bad it wasn't an alien ship :-D

I know right... I forgot to mention that that area has many stories surrounding it, even going back to ancient Aboriginal legends, of UFO encounters and strange lights in the sky. Probably mostly due to natural effects like I saw and inverted thermal mirages in the sky etc. but I was excited (and scared) for a moment. :-[

Cassiebsg

Uhm, think the only "story" that comes to mind, was one day when I was on a school trip by bus, and while cruising (or speeding) on the freeway(?) I saw through the window a guy(or woman) splattered on the tarmac. Guess he/she was trying to cross the freeway the crazy way and got run down... but think what made it stick in my mind was  the "brain" matter I saw all over... 8-0 (at least that's what I  interpreted it to be, might have been something else in similar color though).

And speaking of speeding, this reminds me our trip by bus to Italy where the other bus (we had 2) almost drove out of the road because the driver was falling asleep at the wheel. >:( Luckily the driver managed to somehow to avoid the bus from tipping over and then he/we stopped at the next rest stop.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mouth for war

@Mandle Yeah i've read alot of stories about that stuff in Australia. Can't get enough reading about alleged sightings :-D
@Cassiebsg Damn...must've been quite a nasty sight. Oh speaking of Italy, I was there many years ago and we saw yet another car crash. The driver in one of the cars was hanging halfway out the window. There wasn't anything alive about him.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk