AGS Awards votes close at 13:59 BST on Wednesday 07 March 2018. You've already voted, so you've got 10 days and 11 hours left to wait before voting closes!

Author Topic: Football Game - Out now!  (Read 523 times)

Football Game - Out now!
« on: 14 Feb 2018, 09:54 »
Hi guys!

Our latest game, Football Game, has been released on Steam! It's 20% off for the first week :) Football Game is also available on itch.io!

You can check out the game on Steam here!

Check out the trailer here.

A mysterious and atmospheric adventure game from the creators of A Date in the Park, Legend of Hand and Mudlarks.

East Bend, Purchase County. 1987.
You are Tommy, a local high school football hero in the town of East Bend. It’s game night for the Purchase County Turbines and your sweetheart is waiting in the bleachers. Join Tommy for a night you won’t forget...

Something is amiss...

Features
- A traditional point and click adventure game aesthetic with puzzles and dialogue interactions familiar to the genre.
- A cast of characters including friends, foes, teachers, and a concerned mother.
- A short, twisted narrative with approximately 45 minutes to an hour of gameplay, depending on the player.
- Original soundtrack by UK duo JUPITER-C, available on cassette April 6th - You can pre-order here!

Inspiration?
Traditional point and click adventure games from the '80s and '90s, the music and films of David Lynch, the uncanny.

Hope you like it :)

Thanks,
Shaun
Cloak and Dagger Games
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 00:14 by shaun9991 »
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Re: Football Game - Out now!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2018, 10:13 »
Congrats man! The game looks great and a very reasonable price. :)

CaptainD

• I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
    • CaptainD worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
      CaptainD worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2018, 10:46 »
C&D with another offering that manages to be rather unique - congrats on the release! ;-D

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2018, 19:50 »
Thanks guys!! :)

I've just added the game to itch.io and updated the original post to reflect this :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Stupot

•  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2018, 13:05 »
Congrats on the release :-)
I’ll purchase this in due course.
How would one go about getting this cassette?

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2018, 13:49 »
Looks great and I have loved everything you have made so far so I'm getting this one!

« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2018, 15:14 »
Just bought the game yesterday, gonna play it as soon as I can.  8-)

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2018, 22:52 »
Congrats on the release. Look forward to playing it.

KyriakosCH

• Alien spiral maker
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2018, 23:29 »
Well done on the release :D
I liked your Date in the park.

« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2018, 11:00 »
Congrats on the release :-)
I’ll purchase this in due course.
How would one go about getting this cassette?

Thanks Stupot :) The cassette will be available soon, they are just finalising the cover design. Will post here when it's available :) It's pretty exciting that there is going to be an actual physical object associated with one of our games!

« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2018, 11:01 »
Thank you for all the supportive comments :) I hope you enjoy the game.

Feedback so far has been very encouraging, I'm pretty proud of this little game :)

PS - A shout-out to CaptainD who helped with testing :)

« Reply #11 on: 18 Feb 2018, 07:18 »
Just picked this game up on Steam and looking forward to playing it. :) Possibly I'll even stream it on my Youtube channel like with Captain D.

« Reply #12 on: 19 Feb 2018, 02:56 »
Finished playing it, I noticed a typo:

Add spoiler tag for Hidden:
In the code door scene, when the guy say the knocking code, one on the "Knock" is misspell as "Kock"

Other than that I'll leave my thoughts about the game on the review section.  ;)

Edit:
Oh and I also bought the soundtrack  8-)
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2018, 06:48 by Yitcomics »

« Reply #13 on: 19 Feb 2018, 14:43 »
Thanks for playing Silverspook! Your review on Steam is much appreciated, those things are like gold :D Really looking forward to finally playing Neofeud soon!

Thanks for playing Yitcomics! Extra thanks for pointing out the typo! I immediately corrected this and updated the game on Steam :) I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the game.

« Reply #14 on: 19 Feb 2018, 15:56 »
Just wanted to say that I played through this and it's a really unique experience, I went into detail in my Steam review but I can't recommend it enough for fans of David Lynch or the 'melancholic horror' genre in general. It's super creepy without shoving excessive gore in your face, great work Shaun!

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
    • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #15 on: 23 Feb 2018, 22:34 »
I recorded a playthrough of the game.

Contains SPOILERS of course!

« Reply #16 on: 23 Feb 2018, 23:32 »
I also enjoyed this; very engaging.

"4 American footballs, out of 5".

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 00:13 »
Thanks for your nice comments everyone, glad you enjoyed it! Feedback has been very positive thus far, we are super happy with the game!

Big thanks to Chicky for the Steam review <3 Will check out your video Selmiak :)

The soundtrack for Football Game is also being released on cassette on April 6th - if you are interested you can pre-order or find more info here!