Teething Troubles (working title)

Started by Kini, Sun 25/02/2018 18:03:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Kini

Hi everyone!

So, I recently finished making my first game, Harry and the Locked Crocs Shop Shock (thanks again to everyone who has played and commented so far!). Now, it's onto the next â€" Teething Troubles (working title).

For this game, I've enlisted the help of my IRL friend Swanny87. He's new to point and click adventures, but I think I'm turning him. Anyway, he'll be in control of all the art and animation, so expect to see him posting some concept stuff here shortly.

While he's been busying himself with that, I've been writing the story and puzzle structure, both of which I've now just about finalised.
So, without giving too much away, here's what it's all about…

The game takes place inside a person's mouth. All the characters, including the player character, are teeth.

Princess Sweet Tooth is in trouble. She's cracked. On ‘The Outside', the dentist has said that she will need pulling tomorrow â€" unless something can be done.

Enter you, the player tooth. Your job is to heal the princess, sparing her from this horrendous ordeal. Helping you on your journey will be the enlightened old sage (a wisdom tooth), the bouncer (a molar) who guards the path down to the perilous stomach, and the princess' goofy court jesters (a pair of bucked front teeth).

Swanny87 and I are already having bags of fun with this, so I hope the idea sounds entertaining to some of you, too. We've given ourselves eight weeks to make it a reality. The game will only be short, but with two of us working on it, we aim to make it much more polished (pun intended) than my first.

Thanks for reading. Watch this space! :-D

Darth Mandarb

Please read the forum rules and update your post accordingly, thanks!

Kini

Eek! Sorry, Darth.

It had been a long time since I'd last read the forum rules and I'd forgotten about the two screenshots rule. Clearly, I'm not ready to post here yet, but I also can't figure out how to delete this thread. Would you mind either telling me how to, or doing the honours yourself, please?

Thanks in advance. Sorry to be a nuisance! :-[

Darth Mandarb

No problem! I'll just lock the thread. When you're ready just let me know and we'll open it back up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk